• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best heels and faces in cricket/on cricketweb

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sachin's too boring to be Hogan
When the stumps are crashin' down, and it hurts inside.

It's really embarrassing to be bowled by Luke Wright.

Well I got a duck, and it hurt my pride, but I gotta be honest, I'm no Nick Kniiiight.

I am the biggest Tendy fan, fight for the rights of...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When the stumps are crashin' down, and it hurts inside.

It's really embarrassing to be bowled by Luke Wright.

Well I got a duck, and it hurt my pride, but I gotta be honest, I'm no Nick Kniiiight.

I am the biggest Tendy fan, fight for the rights of...
God that was terrible.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ricky Ponting = John Cena
lolCenaWins=lolPontingTon. Both brilliant at what they do but are apparently difficult to like in spite of charity work. Forced down throats?

Kevin Pietersen = CM Punk
"I am the best at the world at what I do. Oh look, now I've been fired and everyone hates me."

Michael Clarke = Chris Jericho
Absolute ATGs for a period, just impossibly good, either dominating ****ty opposition or doing scarcely believable things against the biggest names. Now past their respective primes but still ****ing awesome. Also good looking.

Shane Watson = X-Pac
Cricket's 'go away heat'

Allan Border = Sting
The one gun in an abject failure of a dressing room. You'd still back them to be better than half the young guns today.

Steve Waugh = Undertaker
Terrifying and awesome.

Mark Waugh = Kane
Oscillating between terrifying and laughable. The inferior brother.

Mike Hussey = Ricky Steamboat
Impossible to hate, will get 'you still got it" chants no matter how old he is, always a great performer but never 'the' guy.

Chris Gayle = Kevin Nash
The coolest guy in the room, but always injured and arguably more trouble than he's worth

AB de Villiers = Brock Lesnar circa 2003
How the **** do you stop this guy -- he can do everything better than everyone?

Mitchell Johnson circa 2013/14 = Brock Lesnar post-UFC
Ow.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni is literally Cena. Required run rate climbing up for half the innings? Smacks every bowler in the last over and gets home. #lolDhoniwins

Everyone wanted him to go back to him being an attacking batsman from ball one at the top order when he started changing his game to bat lower down the order and take singles. He didn't give the fans what they wanted and went back Thuganomics for one night only on the WC final day on 2011. Always boring press conferences about respecting this and that and being neutral. Damn, he really is Cena. His 5 moves of doom: Helicopter shot, Lofted straight drive, Punch through covers, Flick-pull to square leg, pushing at balls outside off/nicking outside off.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Sledger is Vickie Guerrero. His Tendulkar trolling = her "Excuse me". Should be redundant but manages to attract significant heat.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After browsing thru some old Atherton topics its fair to say Richard was quite the heel here

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lara as Shawn Michaels is the best comparison. The early rise to stardom, the come back, the flashy play, ATG etc.

Pujara as Daniel Bryan also very very good haha.

EDIT: haha Warne as Hogan also a good one too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fair to say the Indian fans haven't rejected Kohli like Reigns was rejected.

2009-10 Clarke was Roman Reigns. Fans/Australian public just refused to accept him as the next guy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Triple H = Murali

Were **** early in their careers. Got a doosra and married the daughter of the boss.

Last edited: