• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aw no, Watt0's retired (from Tests)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can the superior Marsh brother ever come close to amounting to the gravitas Watson has amounted over a blunder of a career?

Such a great loss.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lillee Chappell Marsh
McGrath Warne Langer
Clarke Rogers Watson
#shanewatsonthoughts

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
There was a time when the fifty he'd make then get out was a hopeful sign amongst some other rabble around him. AB Medal dual winner, so he's clearly done things that matter for the team
From another perspective he was persisted with for far too long.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Decent player who probably got more chances than he should have. But did well for a while and around the supertest time, he looked a real world class player. Pretty sure there were Watson Vs Sobers threads around here. Even to have them made in jest speaks of the guy's abilities and potential.

Is this the new thing now? Retire from tests and stay on for LO stuff? Afridi started this, I think. Then Dhoni and Twatto...

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Always thought Aussie were beatable when they had someone as poor as Watson in their side. I suppose with their recent retirements they'll just about be a new side in the Smith Era. That's Harris, Clarke, Rogers and Watson all gone recently.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Always thought Aussie were beatable when they had someone as poor as Watson in their side. I suppose with their recent retirements they'll just about be a new side in the Smith Era. That's Harris, Clarke, Rogers and Watson all gone recently.
You're talking about recently, right?

One fears people will forget he was actually really world class for a while there. But it's been a bit since then, too.