• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali may pull out of Australian tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm so curious to his new delivery that apparently he spent 4 years mastering. Must be frickin awesome.

As for Murali not touring, well the Aussie crowds that do abuse him are a disgrace but I still think he should tour.

PY

International Coach
mavric41 said:
(English soccer holligans anyone)
Except 99% of them aren't even interested in the football matches they go to.

I'm tired of people putting "English hooligans" as an example of mis-behaving crowds. There are several countries that have fans 10 times worse than English ones.

"Welcome To Hell" - Turkish fans. Anyone know about them?

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Rik said:
Since it's pretty obvious that when he's bowling the top-spinner or the off-break he doesn't chuck, he shouldn't be called by any umpire. However, I'm not so sure that the legbreak is legal, since I feel it involves a lot more than just his wrist this time, so umpires should have the power to ask the ICC to look into that delivery.
Ah......a small sliver of wisdom doth approach.
I did mention impending controversy about his new delivery some weeks ago.........

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
As for Murali not touring, well the Aussie crowds that do abuse him are a disgrace but I still think he should tour. [/B]
Bah!!! How is calling 'NO BALL'!!!!!!! abusing him??
I hope he doesn't come, his action is the disgrace.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kenny said:
Ah......a small sliver of wisdom doth approach.
I did mention impending controversy about his new delivery some weeks ago.........

Whereas I believe Rik is just asking for it to be checked out by those that know what they're talking about (which from your many posts on the subject, is not a group that counts you as a member)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Whereas I believe Rik is just asking for it to be checked out by those that know what they're talking about (which from your many posts on the subject, is not a group that counts you as a member)
Indeed I am, I just want them to make sure his new delivery isn't illegal as it would be unfair on everyone if he was taking a shedload of wickets with an illegal delivery. But his top-spinner and off-spinner are perfectly legal, so if his leg-spinner isn't, they just need to tell him he can't bowl it. I don't want him to be in the position where he can bowl what he likes and no-one can touch him, but also I don't want him in the position where he bowls legal deliveries and people just pick on him, either.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Ask Brett Lee. He will explain it to you. :lol:

I must say Brett Lee classed it as "abusing" and wasn't happy. But then, as Neil said, one rule for one and another for the other...

Is that the only reason why you dont want them to come ?
Kenny's views on this subject are well known, never change and are rarely agreed with. Only this subject mind.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
PY said:

I'm tired of people putting "English hooligans" as an example of mis-behaving crowds. There are several countries that have fans 10 times worse than English ones.

You mean like the German "skinhead" fans......:D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Yeah I just think it's almost impossible to spin in the other way with Murali's action without using the elbow, but I'll have to see footage 1st.
Personally I can't even begin to comprehend how he can bowl any one of his three deliveries with any action, legal or illegal. I certainly can't.
I don't think the elbow is likely to help spin the ball in a different way with the same action, though. Saqlain and Harbhajan do it too, though in a totally different way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kenny said:
Yet again Bobby Simpson is exaggerating a problem.
There isn't any reason for most of his "concerns" IMO. OK, he knows more about the ICC's suspect-actions procedure than I do, but for me the "epidemic" of bowlers with "suspect" actions is something irrelevant - people who know more about it than him have cleared most of these bowlers and therefore just because he rates them as "suspect" doesn't mean they're illegal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:

Hooliganism at football (not, as Pete says, hooliganism from people who are actually football fans) is a massive problem throughout Europe and it really defies belief that Sepp Blatter thinks he can get away without people realising his double-standards by constantly picking-on England when there are plenty just as bad.
Hooliganism at cricket is spasmodically a problem in several countries (India and West Indies esp.) but that's totally different to the Murali incidents.
That's just picking on a player who they can't take is a big danger to them. Nor can they take it that people who know more about the matter have cleared him of what they accuse him of.
Of course, The BA exposed the double-standardism by making similar chants at Lee last year. And it was far more jokeish than the Murali abuse.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
Since it's pretty obvious that when he's bowling the top-spinner or the off-break he doesn't chuck, he shouldn't be called by any umpire. However, I'm not so sure that the legbreak is legal, since I feel it involves a lot more than just his wrist this time, so umpires should have the power to ask the ICC to look into that delivery.

his old wrongun was a chuck, that methgod its virtually impossible to turn it at all without a chuck, let alone how much he did, the new one i haven't seen yet and wait with great interest to see

Cactus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dingo said:
If Murali doesn't want to come to Australia, then don't come. Quit your whinging Sri Lanka and grow up. I'm tired of hearing of how they are always being picked on when they are just as bad as the rest of them. Murali has a weird action, and weird actions are always under scrutiny.
need i remind you of the uproar that occured in Aus when Brett Lee's action came under scrutiny, and yet when it is one of your own players you expect us to keep our traps shut! secondly the reason why we're "whinging" as you put it is because yes, wierd bowling actions come under scruitiny but constant haggling and abuse of the player is a fitful reason to make official complaints until it stops. the fact that you seem to diregard the behavoiur of the crowds to a sportsmen is pretty stupid and selfish!

where you got the idea that they're ALL complaining about being picked on, i don't know, but certainly you can't tell them not to put up a solid defence for one of their best and key players!!

Status
Not open for further replies.