• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A, South Africa A and India A in India 2015

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
About time Burns got up the top of the order in LA cricket, should have been up there for QLD instead of Hartley.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've got to say it's a real surprise how well the Aussie reserves are doing over there in India against the locals. If they can succeed in those conditions then they could do anything. Maybe the future isn't so bleak after all.

Daemon

They've clearly been working on using their feet against the spinners. Stupid amount of dancing down and depositing it over the boundary today. Had to lol at Lynn's attempt at trying to do the same though.

Catch by Patto at the end was top class

Last edited:

Daemon

Zondo's just copped a shocker of a decision. Hit him above the pad, forget the kneeroll. He was on his toes too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So apparently most of the SA squad have been completely destroyed by the local cuisine.

Zinzan

Jeez, what a hiding that was. 8 wickets with 13 overs to spare. Tsotsobe the only decent SA bowler.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I've got to say it's a real surprise how well the Aussie reserves are doing over there in India against the locals. If they can succeed in those conditions then they could do anything. Maybe the future isn't so bleak after all.
The personnel doing the selecting are a bigger problem

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Watching some of the actual game (i.e. not just reading scorecards), I can assure you that the quality was pretty ****. Not to say the guys playing are rubbish, but pretending they're silver bullet solutions to all of Australia's woes on the basis of the scoresheets is, uhh, pretty naive.

So many times Khawaja and Burns came down the track, were nowhere near the pitch of it, and mistimed shots over the infield that plugged for twos. In my short time watching, I witnessed Khawaja hit about 5 separate unconvincing shots, Burns get dropped off a regulation edge (and follow it up with a ***eh straight drive for six off Axar), Karn Sharma get nowhere near a difficult-but-catchable chance off a Khawaja mistimed charge thing, Rasool's vomit-inducing dart action, and a fast bowler dive at a ball running down to third man and miss entirely to gift the batsmen a boundary. Eventually I gave up; it was horrible to watch.

I mean, the Indian 'keeper was in short sleeves ffs!

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Boy Unmukt still gets into a lot of strife with his 'too close to cut' antics. His defensive play of Tsotsobe simply angling it across him wasn't very good yesterday, either.

He still gives you enough eye-catching touches to make him an interesting young batsman to watch, but it's very hard for me to see a good red ball opener in him.

Last edited: