• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 6: Middle order batsmen for he ATG English XI from the modern age

Choose THREE middle order batsmen for the XI

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It is astonishing that in last decade and a half when so many batsmen have averaged 50+ with relative ease, England still didn't have anyone averaging that much!

Voted for Thorpe, Pietersen and Trott

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've accidentally picked 4. Thorpe and KP were the two that I didn't have to think about while 3rd was tricky. Ended up going for Smith but Bell gets a vote from me too.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Root's gonna end up England's best batsman since Hutton and Compton and Barrington, at least I hope so.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ended up going Trott, Thorpe, Pietersen. Trott over Root because Thorpe and KP aren't 3's.

watson

Banned
3. Root
4. KP
5. Thorpe

If Root can open then he can bat at No.3. Especially as the alternates are not overly inspiring.

(Australia's best bat Smith got pushed up the order to first drop to solve an obvious problem, so I don't know why England didn't do the the same with their best bat as well?)

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
went with thorpe, kp and ramps. an english batting line up without at least one overhyped spud stinking it up isn't right.