• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which 4 heads would you put on a cricketing Mount Rushmore?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw this story on Facebook so it must be true.

One day Allan Border was waking past the local Nets and saw a kid struggling to play any shots at all. TOTAB stopped to help the kid and after a couple of hours said "Kid, you've got potential. I can see you making a career out of this game".

That kid grew up to be the great Don Bradman.

Daemon

Laxman will be gutted to know the best knock of all time was nearly 50% pure wankery.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol, imagine some trumped up wannabe like Jadeja trying his gangsta bull**** on The One True AB.

In fact, you can't imagine it, because no one would try that **** on The One True AB. One glare from the great man to Jadeja and let's face it the latter would probably not play cricket again out of plain fear.

The fact that Border could never get the mo to twirl up a tthe sides like Sir Jadeja shows that even The Fake Old Grumpy AB's mo knew the greatness that is Sir Jadeja...

Last edited:

Burgey

The fact that Border could never get the mo to twirl up a tthe sides like Sir Jadeja shows that even The Fake Old Grumpy AB's mo knew the greatness that is Sir Jadeja...
Worst post ever from you, and that's saying something. TOTAB doesn't go in for twirling moustaches or try-hard attempts at getting noticed by having his moustache twirl like that buffoon Jadeja. His mo was a real man's mo. All business. Not there to get him noticed or for novelty. It was there to get the job done, and it did. Like TOTAB himself.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Worst post ever from you, and that's saying something. TOTAB doesn't go in for twirling moustaches or try-hard attempts at getting noticed by having his moustache twirl like that buffoon Jadeja. His mo was a real man's mo. All business. Not there to get him noticed or for novelty. It was there to get the job done, and it did. Like TOTAB himself.

ROFL.. The Fake Old Grumpy AB and his mo and now you.. all jelly and in awe of the awesomeness that is Sir Jadeja.. Sir has never scored even a single wanker run ever in tests.

TheJediBrah

ROFL.. The Fake Old Grumpy AB and his mo and now you.. all jelly and in awe of the awesomeness that is Sir Jadeja.. Sir has never scored even a single wanker run ever in tests.
Yet he's one of the greatest wankers in the history if Indian first-class cricket. Must be he's a bit too intimidated at the top level to display his natural wankerness

ImpatientLime

International Regular
i don't see how anyone could argue with three of them.

grace
bradman
sobers

4th is anyones. probably warne for me.

superstars.

Burgey

It's difficult because we are he greatest cricketing nation in history.

I would say the two certainties (in order) are TOTAB and The Don.

Warne, wonderful cricketer though he was, has to be in doubt because he's a total flog. In fact, if you were building a Mt Rushmore for flogs, he'd be on it.

I think Benaud would be on it.

Last spot between Warne, Miller, Lillee, S Waugh, Ponting and Trumper IMO.

Lillee gets it for mine

Victor Ian

International Coach
We should choose them based on the same principles. Foundation - Growth - Development - Preservation

Foundation - Trumper - perhaps Spoforth
Growth - Bradman
Development - Benaud
Preservation - Border

TheJediBrah

I can't support any project that doesn't of this nature that doesn't involve Shane Keith

being a total flog is what makes him such a legend of the game

Burgey

I can't support any project that doesn't of this nature that doesn't involve Shane Keith

being a total flog is what makes him such a legend of the game
There's an element of truth in that. It's a conundrum.

Just realised noted test aspirant Arun Finch is facing Steyn in the odi ATM.

If you're in the mood for Friday night giggles, have a look. But be quick