• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 3: Opening batsmen for the ATG English XI from the modern age

Choose TWO batsmen for the XI

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well the other 2 polls are absolute demolition jobs. Anderson and Gough are your strike bowlers. Prior is your wickie. Now who will open up affairs with the bat?

stoic athers?
slashing stewart?
***y strauss?

the choice is yours. i really hope i didnt forget anyone deserving.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'll repeat that Stewart averaged 46 over 51 tests opening when not the designated keeper. It's even more impressive that a good chunk of it is 1) against Australia's ATG team 2) in the 90s in English conditions.

Athers is one of my favourite cricketers but I think Cook has surpassed him by now.

Stewart and Cook.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll repeat that Stewart averaged 46 over 51 tests opening when not the designated keeper. It's even more impressive that a good chunk of it is 1) against Australia's ATG team 2) in the 90s in English conditions.

Athers is one of my favourite cricketers but I think Cook has surpassed him by now.

Stewart and Cook.
Awta.

I know every non-atg cricketer is called underrated at some point on cw. But Stewart really is underrated as a batsman here.

bagapath

International Captain
vaughan when on song was a sight to behold. cook is boring as hell. they will make a good pair.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't even know how to word this correctly, but does Trescothick hold the record for the most Tests played per days from debut to retirement? Obviously excluding anyone who has played a small number of Tests.. So say 25+ Tests.