• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thinking of doing an XI draft thread, one player from each country. Any interest?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
okay sweet. some mixed opinions on the lock idea but ill start this tomorrow or perhaps one more day(gotta let yours get a bit further zinzan) and by then some more opinions will have been thrown around.

also, final thoughts on whether to base it on ODI records or Test records?

mr_mister
NZTailender
schearzie
Zinzan
morgieb
Walkingwicket
Red Hill
AndyZaltHair
Coronis
King Kallis
ankitj

that's 11. There was a lot of post interpreting... I'm not sure if OverratedSanity wanted to sign up or not

mr_mister

oh ok. updated list!

mr_mister
NZTailender
schearzie
Zinzan
morgieb
Walkingwicket
Red Hill
AndyZaltHair
Coronis
King Kallis

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just do a rolling order so everyone gets first pick once (and second, third…last etc)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
okay sweet. some mixed opinions on the lock idea but ill start this tomorrow or perhaps one more day(gotta let yours get a bit further zinzan) and by then some more opinions will have been thrown around.

also, final thoughts on whether to base it on ODI records or Test records?

mr_mister
NZTailender
schearzie
Zinzan
morgieb
Walkingwicket
Red Hill
AndyZaltHair
Coronis
King Kallis
ankitj

that's 11. There was a lot of post interpreting... I'm not sure if OverratedSanity wanted to sign up or not
ODIs imo, so many test drafts recently.

mr_mister

Just do a rolling order so everyone gets first pick once (and second, third…last etc)
so randomise first round... then 1st choice goes 2nd, 2nd goes 3rd, 11th goes 1st for second round and so on so on? sounds easy enough

mr_mister

Sobers played one ODI match. Interesting. What does this mean? Should he be eligible for selection? Even though he didn't even bat once in an ODI are we to assume he's still a first round choice for any team's ODI XI? Seems silly. I might put a minimum amount of innings on this thing.. maybe

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sobers played one ODI match. Interesting. What does this mean? Should he be eligible for selection? Even though he didn't even bat once in an ODI are we to assume he's still a first round choice for any team's ODI XI? Seems silly. I might put a minimum amount of innings on this thing.. maybe
He did bat and scored a six ball duck. Should it be most famous ODI duck?

mr_mister

oh lol i just looked at his runs scored and assumed he didn't bat. It's like... if I allow him he'l be chosen round 1 maybe even pick 1. yet he doesn't deserve to be based on his ODI record. Where should the line drawn

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, player should have played a minimum 10 ODIs for the given nation for mine.

mr_mister

alright once we get that 11th sign up i'll start this. seems like all the parameters have been set. do you mind zinzan? or would you prefer we wait one more round of yours. I don't want mine to catch up to yours