Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenyan Coach suggests two-tier system

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

Kenyan Coach suggests two-tier system

Kenya still hopeful of Test status

I think this is a great idea. For a World Cup Semi-finalist (no matter how they got there) to only play 3 international matches in 11 months is a disgrace. If they want teams seeking test status to be competitve when they enter the test arena they need to give them exposure. Having Zimbabwe, Kenya and Bangladesh play each other regularly, it would help.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar

Re: Kenyan Coach suggests two-tier system

Originally posted by Mister Wright

I think this is a great idea. For a World Cup Semi-finalist (no matter how they got there) to only play 3 international matches in 11 months is a disgrace. If they want teams seeking test status to be competitve when they enter the test arena they need to give them exposure. Having Zimbabwe, Kenya and Bangladesh play each other regularly, it would help.
    What's the VLAS ? Vangipurrapu Laxman appeciation society ?

Re: Kenyan Coach suggests two-tier system

Originally posted by Mister Wright

I agree. This seems like the only way Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are going to improve their cricket, instead of helping batsmen raise thier averages!

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    could be like this

Premier Division

Australia, India, England, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka

Division 1
    New Zealand, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Kenya

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    New Zealand are #3 in the world, Chris.

Two tiers will increase the gap between the Úlite and the rest, not reduce it.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I thought the world of Kenya after the World Cup, but after seeing them in the Carib Beer Cup and tracking their performance, I've lost a fair deal of respect for the level of their game. They've really played some attrocious cricket.

That said, the fielding has been superb.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Well they need more cricket, and I guess in the Carib Beer Cup is showing their inexperience.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Vice-Captain 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    New Zealand are #3 in the world, Chris.
    I believe the loss to Pakistan has dropped us to #5 now

Still, enough to be included in Chris' so-called "premier league". Some people can't get used to NZ actually being any good :rolleyes:

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    a 2nd teir would just increase the gap, a competition between the top 6 or so non test playing nations would be a better idea for mine, giving them better match practice. either that or integrate them into domestic competition (eg USA and Canada in the west indies)
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Originally posted by Craig
    Well they need more cricket, and I guess in the Carib Beer Cup is showing their inexperience.
    It's not just the batting collapses and largely ineffective bowling, they've also displayed some blatant time-wasting and have seemed reluctant to walk after being dismissed. To top it off, the batting has been very negative at times when it should be the opposite.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by Hard Harry
    I believe the loss to Pakistan has dropped us to #5 now

Still, enough to be included in Chris' so-called "premier league". Some people can't get used to NZ actually being any good :rolleyes:
    Not in the rankings that matter!

Age - Six Nations Challenge - Next month in the UAE

UAE, Namibia, Scotland, Holland, Canada, USA (I think it's those six - could be Denmark).

Pinball Champion!
    Its hard to see it happening, but I think Bangladesh should at least get intigrated into the Ranji trophy before they suffer any more international matches...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    IMO Kenya would do well to be accepted into any domestic competition that will have them.
    First-Class and List-A cricket is just what their players need (along with a chance to net regularly, of course) and I think ICC could do well to encourage Boards to incorparate them.
    Bangladesh would clearly also benefit from the same, though naturally they're never going to be "dropped" from the ODI and Test lists.
    But certainly, in my mind, their players are not good enough to have ODI status, and probably not Test either.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Why cant Kenya form their own FC comp?

It's not just that simple.

I hope that Kenya does get more FC cricket in order that they improve, but I also hope that they are not invited back to the West Indies domestic competition until they are a reasonable force.

It's more harm than good to have poor teams joining a domestic competition like the West Indies, because there's such limited action for players already and players don't improve by smashing poor attacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information