• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Best-Ever Test Championship Rating Draft

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To complete my batting, the great Australian Stan McCabe (854)

A Side of Ice & Cake

Gordon Greenidge
Virender Sehwag

Ken Barrington
Sir Viv Richards
Stan McCabe
Stuart Law

-

Amar Singh
Bill O'Reilly
Sir Wes Hall
Waqar Younis

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, as a result of some pretty garbage drafting on my end, I'm down to some serious scrimping. First I need to bolster my pace attack, so I'll take Tim Southee for 799 points. Not a bargain, but it leaves just enough points for a decent opener at the end.

WalkingWicket's Walking Wickets

1. Stephen Fleming
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Faf du Plessis
5. Brad Hodge
6. Freddie Flintoff
7. Daniel Vettori
8. Alan Knott (+)
9. Shane Warne
10. Tim Southee
11. Simon Jones

A pretty hit-and-miss side, the only real ATG name in there is Warney, but Knott, Freddie, Flem and Dravid are all international good uns, if not ATGs. My one hope is that the team would be pretty difficult to bowl out twice, with the middle order of Dravid, du Plessis and Hodge.
Only person I know who doesn't think Knott's an ATG!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

A Side of Ice & Cake

Gordon Greenidge
Virender Sehwag

Ken Barrington
Sir Viv Richards
Stan McCabe
Stuart Law

-

Amar Singh
Bill O'Reilly
Sir Wes Hall
Waqar Younis

Damn you, didn't realize you'd picked Stuart Law earlier, he was to be my number 5. He might have played only the solitary test, but amazing FC record, and no fault of his that he played in the era he did.

Incidentally, how attacking is your batting line-up! awesome.

OverratedSanity

Damn you, didn't realize you'd picked Stuart Law earlier, he was to be my number 5. He might have played only the solitary test, but amazing FC record, and no fault of his that he played in the era he did.

Incidentally, how attacking is your batting line-up! awesome.
Get your **** together Zinzan.

Incidentally would you have picked Amla if you had known Law had already been taken?

Zinzan

lol, yeah, always had my eye on Amla tbh, An ATG no. 3 for mine. Hoping to find another bargain like a S Law at no. 5.

OverratedSanity

Since I don't have the solid cakey goodness of Amla, I'll choose arguably bar none, my favourite batsman of all time for 781 points. Raises his game against the big opponents, magnificent against spin, and can pull off the most extraordinary innings to rescue a team staring into the abyss. With Border, he'll provide a wonderfully contrasting approach and will shepherd the frankly weak tail, as no one after Procter can really bat all that much. On the rare occasion that Hutton-Murdoch-Hammond-Sangakkara all go cheaply, these two can perform the role of crisis-man better than anyone.

Here he is inside-out driving a big spinning leg break from Shane Warne from the rough 2 feet outside leg stump through extra cover.

The OS XI:

Sir Len Hutton (945)
Billy Murdoch (554)
Sir Wally Hammond (897)
Kumar Sangakkara (938) (w)
Allan Border (877)
Lord VVS Laxman (781)
-
Mike Procter (672)
Brett Schultz (517)
Wayne Daniel (388)
Bhagwat Chandrasekhar (730)

Total points used: 7299
points remaining: 676

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

A Side of Ice & Cake

Gordon Greenidge
Virender Sehwag

Ken Barrington
Sir Viv Richards
Stan McCabe
Stuart Law

-

Amar Singh
Bill O'Reilly
Sir Wes Hall
Waqar Younis
Reckon that top order should read:

Greenidge
Sehwag
Barrington
McCabe
Richards
Law

Pothas

PEWS keeps taking my second choices, don't know if this means I have the wrong first choice or not,

Justin Langer (780)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS keeps taking my second choices, don't know if this means I have the wrong first choice or not,

Justin Langer (780)
I think I could've done better with the Bevan and Gilmour picks if they were part of your 'second choices'. If you mean all the other players then yeah, you were wrong. :p

Pothas

Well right back to the second round and Murali. There have not actually been that many since then, but Hanif was certainly one.

watson

Banned
ROUND 10
1. Coronis - Courtney Walsh (867)
2. Zinzan - Hashim Amla (907)
3. WalkingWicket - Tim Southee (799)
4. Prince EWS - Hanif Mohammad (819)
5. Harsh - Stan McCabe (854)
6. OverratedSanity - VVS Laxman (781)
7. Pothas - Justin Langer (780)
8. HonestbHarani
9. Longranger