• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any updates on NZ's tour of Oz later this year?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
No tests between the 2 nations between 2016 and 2021, according to One News.
5 years, half a decade.
Whereas the apparently mammoth gap between the 2011 and 2015 series's is only 4 years.
David White has announced that he secured this incredible deal off the back of the BC's outstanding performances over the last 2 years.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
4 of the ODI series's are the regularly scheduled home and away ODI series's as per extrapolating the FTP, and 2 of them come at the expense of scrapping a test of Aus's visit here in 2016 and the one after that.
I wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 Chappel Hadlee's are it being put up for grabs at the Champions Trophy tournament. Or hang on, maybe they are counting one of them as the pool game this year, when the trophy was put up for grabs and we won it.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11472997

A blockbuster trans-Tasman seven-year deal and prize money of $1 million has convinced New Zealand Cricket to bow to Australia's wishes for a day-night test.

The deal, announced this morning, includes this year's five-test home-and-away summer, will reinvigorate the dormant Chappell-Hadlee Trophy and capitalise on New Zealand's new-found respect on the international scene.

- Does Dylan Cleaver come up with this stuff himself, or does David White just dictate it to him?

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
4 of the ODI series's are the regularly scheduled home and away ODI series's as per extrapolating the FTP, and 2 of them come at the expense of scrapping a test of Aus's visit here in 2016 and the one after that.
I wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 Chappel Hadlee's are it being put up for grabs at the Champions Trophy tournament. Or hang on, maybe they are counting one of them as the pool game this year, when the trophy was put up for grabs and we won it.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

A blockbuster trans-Tasman seven-year deal and prize money of $1 million has convinced New Zealand Cricket to bow to Australia's wishes for a day-night test.

The deal, announced this morning, includes this year's five-test home-and-away summer, will reinvigorate the dormant Chappell-Hadlee Trophy and capitalise on New Zealand's new-found respect on the international scene.
Maybe James can arrange for a CW Question and answer session with David White.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
James Sutherland?

Surely it's a joke to announce this as an outstanding deal when we've scrapped 2 tests and have a 5 year hiatus between test series's, and almost all the Chappel Hadlees were already penciled in or have come at the expense of meaningful tests.
The Aussies will quickly revert to type, get bored of these extraneous Chappel Hadlee's and send B teams like the 2007 one where Mike Hussey was the skipper and Ponting and Clarke stayed home.
I realise the snake oil salesman has got to try and engender a real 'feal good factor' around this 'incredible deal'....

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Brisbane, then Perth. Quick and quicker. These Aussies are after revenge for 2011. No Hobart test for us.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Milne, bowling at 155 kph and getting the Aussies hopping, their commentators quavering as he steams in and let's loose another thunderbolt.
It's the kind of stuff that you live for. I hope we get to see it!!!!

(MJ misses the test with a bruised heel).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Where's the day-night test scheduled for?

More critical than the ball is that it's really important dew is not a factor. That could completely kill the contest for the bowlers.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Aussie cricketers slam pink ball and day-night test with Black Caps | Stuff.co.nz

....Starc didn't stop there.

"I couldn't see the thing at night on the boundary. I couldn't see the ball," he said.

"So I'm not sure how the crowd are going to see it."

The fixture will proceed regardless, but the left-armer's honesty is a blow to CA's drive to boost attendances and TV ratings.

The 25-year-old also aired reservations about the fact his bosses were tinkering with a facet of the sport that had been unchanged for almost 140 years.

"Whether you have to start a whole new set of stats for the pink ball, as you do with the red and white ball, I guess it throws up a huge number of questions and theories about where the game is going," he said.

Last edited:
Milne, bowling at 155 kph and getting the Aussies hopping, their commentators quavering as he steams in and let's loose another thunderbolt.
It's the kind of stuff that you live for. I hope we get to see it!!!!

(MJ misses the test with a bruised heel).
While I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments, I just fear he will break down in his fourth over of the first day.

Its not like the Australians cannot play pace and bounce themselves at the WACA.

Of all the grounds around the world, 4 of the 8 fastest centuries were scored at the WACA.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very excited about the November series - now to work out which one to go to. I was quite keen on going back to Adelaide but would prefer the first or second test rather than the third (I can't make myself so optimistic as to hope that's a decider).

No Hobart test for us.
Yes I noticed that. I'd thought the venues penciled in were Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, but instead we get Perth. Can our bowlers take 20 wickets at any of those venues? They'll have to be at the top of their games.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Perth certainly, there's typically plenty of swing on offer, and the ideal Perth length is pretty similar to the length that Soult usually hit anyway. The problem is that the Aussies are likely to bowl us out for a lot less!

Brisbane is a bit of an unknown. It's an early season game, so there's a decent chance the surface will have a bit of movement in it, so I reckon there's a decent chance we'll be able to grab 20 there as well.

Adelaide will be tough, but if the ball swings at night then we'll be in with a sniff.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I'd just been in a new job for 2 days when I walked into the boss's office asking for time off in Nov to go to the Gabba test.
Leave approved.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Perth certainly, there's typically plenty of swing on offer, and the ideal Perth length is pretty similar to the length that Soult usually hit anyway. The problem is that the Aussies are likely to bowl us out for a lot less!

Brisbane is a bit of an unknown. It's an early season game, so there's a decent chance the surface will have a bit of movement in it, so I reckon there's a decent chance we'll be able to grab 20 there as well.

Adelaide will be tough, but if the ball swings at night then we'll be in with a sniff.
I guess Brisbane could be like it was in 2008 - early season too and Southee, fairly new at that stage, got swing and bounce to have Australia in trouble. Our batsmen couldn't cope, of course.

Despite it being November still have to imagine pitches will be fairly flat and there may not be much swing. Our bowlers can still do well:
- Southee if he can get back to that highly accurate + seam movement form he was in for a while.
- Boult if fit and strong can bowl with that extra bit of pace to cause problems. Will always swing new ball too.
- Wagner if bowling well can extract good bounce if there's any there. Hopefully Henry shows he can too.
- Craig if bowling well can also make use of extra bounce.

That's a few ifs though.