• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best late Batting Order.

anzac

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Boje was amazing on that tour, he would have hit runs against anyone.. Sadly he hasnt matched that since... Hes still a very reliable batsman with a good technique, one of the strongest lower order batsmen around...

Whats the point in playing cricket if performances against weak sides are discounted? We may as well have 4 teams in the world and be done with it :!(

I agree with your first statement above re Boje's form on that tour, but you've lost me with the 2nd........

all I was implying is that those 2 tons came some time ago against a weak & inexperienced bowling attack and that to be rated currently IMO he would have had to have performed more recently against stronger attacks.....

the reason for my post was to clarify the tons that had been highlighted as to why he is rated so highly as a lower order batsman & to put them in context.........not because I discount them as I beleive that a ton in FC cricket is meritorious in it's own right.........

my 2nd post re the NZ tail should have given that sort of insight - current v nearly 4 seasons ago.......

:D

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
To be fair, he's not the only one who's not looking at the whole picture in this thread...
Why are you just following me all over . Did I say any thing against you ?

Mingster

State Regular
Of course Tuffey ain't a bloody allrounder.

Don't just always look at the stats, look at how he plays before you make your judgement.

Tuffey is not your average 11 or 10.

Exception for Anzac of course...:D

Lol, sorry my computer missed the emoticons..

What's all this about the greatest lower order? The best teams don't need to rely on them :D I'd say the teams that do find themselves on the receiving end a fair bit.

Mingster

State Regular
marc71178 said:
I for one wouldn't want to see him batting any higher than that for my team.
Neither.

If you saw the Pak v NZ series, Tuffey looked pretty solid in partnerships with Vettori and as a nigh****chman before he became another victim of Craig McMillan's brain explosions.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I for one wouldn't want to see him batting any higher than that for my team.
sencdonded.But it is useful to have a couple'o bugggers at 10 and 11.

in first class:

Tuffey:averages 13.80,7 in odis and 13 in tests(more than me :( )
Bond:Averages 10 in tests,17 in odis and 10 again in first class.
Vettori:averages 20 in tests,10 in odis and 21 in first class.
Butler:11 in first class,3 in odis and 7 intests,which really doesn't reflect his ability...
Mills:Averages 11 in odi cricket,and a staggering 41 in first class cricket,1X100 9X50.
and last but not least:
Oram:averages 28 in test cricket,17 in odi cricket (wtf?)and 32 in first class cricket.

hard to beat that.BTW,these are all of the NZ lower order players here.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
pakistan and south africa definately

pakistan:
moin
razzaq
shoaib mailik
shoaib akhtar
azhar mahmood

me happy

but the south africans depth when it comes to allrounders is amazing
they almost bat down to no 10

after that i think zim and aus

Mingster

State Regular
I personally don't think the sight of Shoaib Ahktar coming in at 8 in Tests shows great depth in your lower order.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
my last post was reffering to odi's and not tests....
shoaib can be effective in the limited overs .....definately not test matches