• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is India's bowling attack a digrace at the moment, what do u think?

FRAZ

International Captain
I think in this thread only non Indians should give comments and not even Pakistanis ........
According to a top Indian site the best legal fastest and better bowlers of the world are 1. Nehra . 2. Zaheer . and 3. Agarkar ...
and worst bowlers are 1. Shoaib . 2. Sami

FRAZ

International Captain
imranrabb said:
I always thought it was crap.Ashish nehra is crap and is tring to bowl like wasim akram but he cant,so is zaheer and he also cant.Why does everyone say that nehra was good when he got 6 wickets in the NIGHT against england in the world cup and it was swinging which he could do again.pathan will be like zaheer when he gets older as when zaheer was 19 everyone was talking about him being another wasim akram but the india attack has always been weak apart from the spinners harbajan who dances before he bowls and kumble who paid the umpires when he got 10 wickets against pak.But pakistan have the best bowler in the world akhtar and sami who is better then pathan,zaheer and nehra.Sami will improve and in a few yearswill be a danger to all batsman.shabbir is also better then the india attack.also saqlain is better then harbajan and kumble.
Was Afridi out (Kumble's first of those so called famous 10)...

V Reddy

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
According to a top Indian site the best legal fastest and better bowlers of the world are 1. Nehra . 2. Zaheer . and 3. Agarkar ...
Which site is it , cricketnext? I first visited it during WC when they were the official website and thought it was very good but after that realised what it was after some stupid biased articles during Indi-NZ series and then Ind-Aus tests. Haven't checked it afterwards but it is the only one which i can think of which will write those type of articles.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
warrioryohannan said:
I think Pakistan is ranked higher in test matches rating than India and has been playing well in test matches lately.Don't see how you can say that they aren't playing as a team at test matches. They have beaten SA in Pak, NZ in Pak and NZ in NZ(in test matches) something which India wasn't able to do!
Pakistan never does act like a team. There were rumours of Shoaib wanting captaincy recently and there are usually changes right frm the captaincly to the players. Its good Inzy has been appointed captain for a long period now but if I were to chose a team it would be India for this very reason, they play like one on the field unlike Pakistan who are brilliant one day and average on another (they won the test series in nzl but lost the one dayers)

Its has nothing to do with which team is better or worse. Consistency is mor eiportant to me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, judging by some of these posts, the Pakistan/India tour is going to be very fun indeed, no matter what the result is. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
I think in this thread only non Indians should give comments and not even Pakistanis ........
Why? This is a public form, so everyone can comment.

FRAZ said:
So that means every Indian is incapable of showing judgement?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Pratyush said:
Pakistan never does act like a team. There were rumours of Shoaib wanting captaincy recently and there are usually changes right frm the captaincly to the players. Its good Inzy has been appointed captain for a long period now but if I were to chose a team it would be India for this very reason, they play like one on the field unlike Pakistan who are brilliant one day and average on another (they won the test series in nzl but lost the one dayers)

Its has nothing to do with which team is better or worse. Consistency is mor eiportant to me.

Have you EVER seen an Indian-Pakistan test series before? Everyone knows that when it comes to playing with India Pakistani players play like a unit and give their best. Their were rumors that Players were not happy with Akram in '99 series but look how Pakistan played in India then.Another example is of '87 series and the last oneday series India played in Pakistan.

If Indian team has shown consistency then why is India ranked lower than Pakistan?? Before the WC India only drew with England , lost to WI and lost to NZ badly.After WC all India did is drew with Australia (indeed an achievement) .
In contrast Pakistan though played poorly before the WC, but after that they have won series against SA in Pak and NZ in NZ.

Its better to judge consistency by team's results than by rumor, don't you think so?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
Have you EVER seen an Indian-Pakistan test series before? Everyone knows that when it comes to playing with India Pakistani players play like a unit and give their best. Their were rumors that Players were not happy with Akram in '99 series but look how Pakistan played in India then.Another example is of '87 series and the last oneday series India played in Pakistan.
Why do all Pakis suffer from Selective Dementia ? You conveniently forgot the 89 Test Series in Pakistan. Or do you mean to say that Pakistanis play as a Unit only when they win ? Btw AFAIK - 99 Series was a 1-1 draw, Wasn't it ? Pakistan won most of the time because it was the better team, It had the better bowling attack and it was led by Imran Khan. It has nothing to do with 'Pakistani players Unite and give their best when they play against India' BS. Are you suggesting that Pakistani players do not give their best against Bangladesh & England or for that matter any other country ?

If Indian team has shown consistency then why is India ranked lower than Pakistan?? Before the WC India only drew with England , lost to WI and lost to NZ badly.After WC all India did is drew with Australia (indeed an achievement) .
In contrast Pakistan though played poorly before the WC, but after that they have won series against SA in Pak and NZ in NZ.
Indian team is definately doing better than before, It has won Test matches in WI,Eng, Zim, Aus and that's an improvement by our standards. Earlier we used to lose test matches & Series, now we are at least able to draw. As far as Pakistan's performance goes - Dont even go there. A country which has not won a single test series in WI,Australia in last 55 years, and has not won a Test Series against Australia since 1994. India has reached finals of most of the tournaments it has played in recent times so 'Yes' we are consistent. As for our Rank - Well take a better look - we are moving up, You are moving down. And not to forget we have not played many Series against Bangladesh in recent times

Last edited:

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:
Why do all Pakis suffer from Selective Dementia ? You conveniently forgot the 89 Test Series in Pakistan. Or do you mean to say that Pakistanis play as a Unit only when they win ? Btw AFAIK - 99 Series was a 1-1 draw, Wasn't it ? Pakistan won most of the time because it was the better team, It had the better bowling attack and it was led by Imran Khan. It has nothing to do with 'Pakistani players Unite and give their best when they play against India' BS. Are you suggesting that Pakistani players do not give their best against Bangladesh & England or for that matter any other country ?

First of all i'm an Indian and please refrain from using such language otherwise i will retaliate in future.

The '99 series WASN"T lead by Imran as you have pointed out, Imran retired LONG time back in '92:rolleyes: .That team was lead by Akram and i still remember VERY clearly that Pakistan team was doing very poorly before that series BUT in that very series all their player pulled their socks up and played their hearts out. The series was 1-1 draw but Pakistan played one additional match of Asia Test championship and won that match.

I have NEVER claimed that Pakistan has always done better against India, my point is only that Indo-Pak game bring the best out of Pak players, and the same can be said about Indian players too.

Why do you think Dhanraj Pillay keep saying that Indian team can lose to anyone but not to Pak? on't you ever see an extra effort from Indian and Pakistan players in the game between them? Or maybe your observation is very poor!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:

Indian team is definately doing better than before, It has won Test matches in WI,Eng, Zim, Aus and that's an improvement by our standards. Earlier we used to lose test matches & Series, now we are at least able to draw. As far as Pakistan's performance goes - Dont even go there. A country which has not won a single test series in WI,Australia in last 55 years, and has not won a Test Series against Australia since 1994. India has reached finals of most of the tournaments it has played in recent times so 'Yes' we are consistent. As for our Rank - Well take a better look - we are moving up, You are moving down. And not to forget we have not played many Series against Bangladesh in recent times
Sorry, it might be an improvement by ur standard, but by my standard drawing a series against Zimb and Eng, and winning a test match against WI is hardly praise worthy.

Doing well against just one particular country doesn't improve ur ranking, but then this might be something difficult for you to get

Last edited:

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
And India lost both the test series and Onedayers in NZ, so indeed they were consistent at something!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat your heart out - http://statserver.cricket.org/perl/...t=&submit=1
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What do i make out of this?? India lost the oneday series 5-2:rolleyes:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
What do i make out of this?? India lost the oneday series 5-2
That India reached the finals of almost every multi-nation tournament it played including ICC KO trophy & World Cup.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
Sorry, it might be an improvement by ur standard, but by my standard drawing a series against Zimb and Eng, and winning a test match against WI is hardly praise worthy.
Who is asking you to praise, We are doing better than we used to and that's what matters for us.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:
That India reached the finals of almost every multi-nation tournament it played including ICC KO trophy & World Cup.

I was replying to a comment by someone that since Pak won the test match series in NZ but lost the Onedayer series in NZ therefore they must be considered INCONSISTENT.

MY point was that since India lost both the oneday and test series in NZ, then how can one call them CONSISTENT.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:
Who is asking you to praise, We are doing better than we used to and that's what matters for us.
You mean thats matter to YOU, coz in "US" lots of people are included and they all don't share ur views!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
First of all i'm an Indian and please refrain from using such language otherwise i will retaliate in future.
Oh !! Must be one of those Indians who still cheer for Pakistan.

The '99 series WASN"T lead by Imran as you have pointed out, Imran retired LONG time back in '92:rolleyes: .That team was lead by Akram and i still remember VERY clearly that Pakistan team was doing very poorly before that series BUT in that very series all their player pulled their socks up and played their hearts out. The series was 1-1 draw but Pakistan played one additional match of Asia Test championship and won that match.
I never said Imran was the captain in 99. I said Most of the times Pakistan won because it was led by a better captain and it had better bowling attack. As far as 'Pulling up the Socks' is concerned, It seems more like your personal belief than a fact. I just wonder why they unite enough in world cup matches against India. Do they forget to 'pull their socks up' in the world cup ?

my point is only that Indo-Pak game bring the best out of Pak players, and the same can be said about Indian players too.
No, It is australia(not Pak) which brings the best out of Indian players. ;)

Why do you think Dhanraj Pillay keep saying that Indian team can lose to anyone but not to Pak? on't you ever see an extra effort from Indian and Pakistan players in the game between them? Or maybe your observation is very poor!
Is Dhanraj a Cricket Player ? It's funny that you mentioned his name here.and No, I dont see any extra effor by any Indian player in an India-Pak game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
You mean thats matter to YOU, coz in "US" lots of people are included and they all don't share ur views!
Do you deny that India's performance in last couple of years is better than it used to be ? :P

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Oh !! Must be one of those Indians who still cheer for Pakistan.
No, but i'm not one of those either who fall's in Amit's category and degrade others who doesn't share their views.

I never said Imran was the captain in 99. I said Most of the times Pakistan won because it was led by a better captain and it had better bowling attack. As far as 'Pulling up the Socks' is concerned, It seems more like your personal belief than a fact. I just wonder why they unite enough in world cup matches against India. Do they forget to 'pull their socks up' in the world cup ?
I said BOTH teams plays their heart out while playing each others, giving ur best shot doesn't necessarily means that you are going to win the game!

Is Dhanraj a Cricket Player ? It's funny that you mentioned his name here.and No, I dont see any extra effor by any Indian player in an India-Pak game.
I mentioned Dhanraj name coz all Indians players carries the same emotions.Forget Dhanraj, even Sachin Tendukar is on record saying that he Wasn't able to sleep for some 11 nights before the India -Pak WC game.The fact that players were suffering from Insomnia means something.