• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure they'll add more home tests.. this is hardly set in stone. It just looks worse because the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons will have loads of overseas tours.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I will be surprised if there is. I don't think there is any.

The more I look the FTP the more weirder it looks to me:

India is set to roll out most number of home matches in the next 5 seasons to... West Indies (drumroll) ... 22 matches... and that is a team that had to play the qualifiers to feature in this edition of world cup. And they play 11 ODIs and 9 T20s in this period. By comparison they host Aus, SA and Eng for 20, 15 and 14 matches respectively.

They also are hosting Zim and Ban for 6 and 5 matches and NZ for 8 matches.

Slight relief is that they host SL for only 11 matches in this period.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pretty sure they'll add more home tests.. this is hardly set in stone. It just looks worse because the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons will have loads of overseas tours.
All cycles will have inevitably two bad home winters from India's perspective due to overseas tours (in particular to SA and Aus). That is nothing new.

NZ has done itself no favors by continuing to gun against the big 3 and India in particular. I can understand why India hasn't even bothered to give 3 tests to them at home. And I do not think they will agree to more than 2 tests overseas as well.

Such a shame.

SeamUp

International Coach
So cricket is going from a nation v nation to club v club ?

The BCCI bags..
US$ $2.55 billion (Rs 16,347.50 crore) - Indian Premier League rights in Sept 2017 for 2018-2023
US$ 944 million (Rs 6138 crore) - Indian cricket rights in April 2018 for 2018-2023

Borges

International Regular
So cricket is going from a nation v nation to club v club ?
So it would appear.

And in the red corner, we have Zimbabwe who have fired everyone in sight because they don't have any money to pay any one.
The ICC was always irrelevant; they might as well wind up now.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
So it would appear.

And in the red corner, we have Zimbabwe who have fired everyone in sight because they don't have any money to pay any one.
The ICC was always irrelevant; they might as well wind up now.
Didn't the ICC, at the risk of earning the displeasure of the big 3, renegotiate the revenue sharing which entitled Zimbabwe to a share of USD 94 million in the ongoing cycle (previously USD 75 million)? That's a whopping 25% increase there itself.

Borges

International Regular
Didn't the ICC, at the risk of earning the displeasure of the big 3, renegotiate the revenue sharing
That was Shashank Manohar, who was trying to jockey for his position at that point in time.
Now that his position is cemented, he has gone awfully quiet; not a word from him, even in these days when cricket was facing a real crisis.
And to think that a whole lot of people had hailed him as the saviour of cricket.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
That was Shashank Manohar, who was trying to jockey for his position at that point in time.
Now that his position is cemented, he has gone awfully quiet; not a word from him, even in these days when cricket was facing a real crisis.
And to think that a whole lot of people had hailed him as the saviour of cricket.
Eh? The revenue model is finalized. Zimbabwe has got a bigger cut. So what should ICC additionally do now ? Run Zimbabwe cricket ?

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Eh? The revenue model is finalized. Zimbabwe has got a bigger cut. So what should ICC additionally do now ? Run Zimbabwe cricket ?
Maybe that was their plan all along, ZWC(?) officials can now enjoy an extended trip to the Bahamas while the players rot in a virtual exile with limited opportunities to expand their game?

slippy888

International Captain
Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla

Both where expected and hyped up to be the next Anil Kumble at international level, where did it go wrong for this men.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are you like this :laugh:

You know you're begging for another ban, right?

Am going to merge this with the Indian Cricket Tea Lounge thread. Try to find the right match for yourself from now on.

vcs

slippy888 is just trying to get all the innumerable draft and All-time XI threads off the front page.

I approve of his cunning ploy

Daemon

Not sure how I missed this but Ishant made 66 recently vs Leicestershire :laugh:

Pujara's stinking it up meanwhile

Last edited:

Daemon

Rohit dropped from the Afghanistan test and he's not even going to play with the A team in England. Looks like we're moving on.