• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
2007 was bad but then we never really had a prayer of beating that Aussie side even with our best men all in their best moods. 2019 is gonna be so disappointing coz its obvious we have the team and the talent to bring home the WC and yet we are gonna squander it away with off field issues. The Pak board are doing better than us, FFS. :(

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The BCCI had nothing to do with this mess, for a change. This is entirely on the shoulders of the COA and the CAC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India to host Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka in home season | The Indian Express

A bazillion limited overs matches scheduled over the next few months and the SA tour will be cut short again. **** this ****,ive been looking forward to that tour for ages.
That is ****. Why can't we have 4 Tests in SA. FFS

Then again, if we're getting smashed, it might be a blessing, but I suspect we might not do so bad in this round of overseas tours. Did relatively well in our last two-three trips there, last time with a very inexperienced team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As long as RSA board or BCCI can agree to having 4 tests during that tour, I am excited by this itinerary. This is a lot more cricket than I thought we will get and it will be fun to go watch an ODI at the Chepauk again after ages. That too against Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
An ATG ODI Indian XI

Sachin
Sourav
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Kapil
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Kumble
Srinath

Second XI

Rohit
Dhawan
Vengsarkar
Azhar
Dravid (c) (wk)
Raina
Shastri
Prabhakar
Ashwin
Nehra
Shami

Just off the top of my head but wow, such disparity between the first and second XIs. Wonder which other nation's team will have so much difference in quality between their first and second XIs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah, 2nd XI:

S Dhawan
V Sehwag
G Gambhir
R Sharma
R Dravid +*
S Raina
R Shastri
R Ashwin
M Prabhakar
A Agarkar
A Nehra

cnerd123

likes this
You know no one is reading each others posts because HB's first XI has just 10 players in it

My XI:

Sachin
Saurav
Kohli
Dravid
Yuvraj
MSD (+) (*)
Kapil
Bhajji
Agarkar
Kumble
Srinath

Number 4 is tricky. Could slot Kohli in there and get Gambhir at 3.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Raina could actually be a contender for a spot in the first XI. Has scored so many runs in ODIs quietly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Raina definitely adds the right balance to the side.

n ATG ODI Indian XI

Sachin
Sourav
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Raina
Kapil
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Kumble
Srinath

Second XI

Dhawan
Sehwag
Azhar
Rohit
Dravid (c) (wk)
Kambli
Shastri
Prabhakar
Ashwin
Nehra
Shami

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yuvi dropped for the LO games in SL.

India squad

Virat Kohli (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma (vice-capt), KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, Ajinkya Rahane, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not too sure of the balance, tbh. Really unsure why Rahane is still there when Rahul is available. I would have rather kept DK or brought in Raina there. Ultimately we are still missing a really good #4 and with MS showing definite signs of decline, its gonna be hard for us to be a force in LO cricket for a while.

Guess writing is on the wall on Pant as well. Bloke needs a lot more time on the A circuit by the looks of it. Hope he goes well and forces himself back to the side. Pretty obvious MSD is on borrowed time too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Axar Patel :/

I guess they wanted one of those left arm dart throwers in the squad. Would rather Nadeem or something.