Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Indian Cricket Tea Lounge

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    WIndies will find a way to sneak in a couple of tests imo, they always do.
    zorax likes this.

I bet we have a SL ODI series too.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Yea I googled it. Can't find anything. Even all Cricinfo has down is the BD Tour then the World T20.
    FTP suggests you've got:

Tour of Sri Lanka
    Home series v South Africa
    Tour of Pakistan (most likely in the UAE)
    5-0

Want to be the online Don Bradman or Ian Salisbury?
    Then join CW Cricket today. It's what all the cool kids desire.

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014

Are we still following the FTP tho? I thought that was dissolved?

Cricinfo has all the 'confirmed' series penned in (Ashes and SA in BD and the like), but nothing for India, which suggests none of those are confirmed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Are we still following the FTP tho? I thought that was dissolved?

Cricinfo has all the 'confirmed' series penned in (Ashes and SA in BD and the like), but nothing for India, which suggests none of those are confirmed yet?
    I think it's only got the confirmed ones for 2015, not 2015-16.

I think the Sri Lanka/India series may be off, but the other two are probably still on.

Bhajji could be useful in a home series against SA tbf. Faf ABDV and Amla are all righties but Jadeja isn't really worth his spot in the Test side and if Bhajji is anywhere near his best he can be a very useful support act to Ashwin.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    No guys.. chk the cricinfo piece here.. 3 Tests Vs SL in August, then we host RSA for 4 Tests and then the Pak series in Dec.. we have our share.. Although all in the SC..

India build up to World T20 with plenty of matches | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    zorax and Daemon like this.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    India will probably stick in a series between the SA series and Australia in January, now that the SA series has been brought forward. Opens a window for IPL 2 (a short tournament they are reportedly planning in Dubai). Didn't know it could start as quickly as this year. I am happy we have 7 tests in the next few months.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    It's good to see Harbhajan back in the fold really. While he didn't bowl much in FC cricket this season, he is a test wicket taker and some one who thrives in the confidence of the captain. Not bad to have competition for the places imo.
    No way. This is the worst possible spinner they could've selected. Even if the spin cupboard is a bit empty after the Ojha ban, give someone else a chance, anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    I think it's only got the confirmed ones for 2015, not 2015-16.

I think the Sri Lanka/India series may be off, but the other two are probably still on.
    Why's the SL series off?

Would be a very interesting series to watch. Both teams filled with youngsters virtually all the way through the order.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    No way. This is the worst possible spinner they could've selected. Even if the spin cupboard is a bit empty after the Ojha ban, give someone else a chance, anyone.
    It's test matches, not ODIs. If some one is not breaking the walls down, it's better to have some one who they feel can do a job. It cannot be a coincidence the Virat is captain and Harbhajan is back. Dhoni just didn't have the confidence in him which affects the performance.

That makes no sense, Pratters.. Bhaji was the third spinner even against Australia in 2013.. He just sucked so bad that he had to be dropped.. In a couple of those games, he even got a bowl ahead of Ashwin... He is washed up.. That is the plain and simple truth. He has been coasting by with mediocre performances with Ganguly and then Sachin around and was dropped only when it was so obvious that there was no upside to having him in the side. I would have preferred another spinner but if India wanted a second offie, he was really the only choice.

Now he may not even play given that Karn is also in the squad and Virat rates him. But I am guessing we will go in with 3 spinners.

He was washed up then, but is he washed up now? I don't know about that tbh. It's worth giving a shot as it's not like we have lot's of other spinner breaking the walls down. It's not that difficult to understand HB.

It's test matches, not ODIs. If some one is not breaking the walls down, it's better to have some one who they feel can do a job. It cannot be a coincidence the Virat is captain and Harbhajan is back. Dhoni just didn't have the confidence in him which affects the performance.
    I'd be ok with him being selected in ODIs. What on earth has he done in the last year to be considered for a test recall though? He's barely played any FC and been rubbish the few times he's been on field. Bring him in in place of Jadeja in ODIs if you want, he can definitely do a job. But he just should not be in the frame for tests, sorry.

He was washed up then, but is he washed up now? I don't know about that tbh. It's worth giving a shot as it's not like we have lot's of other spinner breaking the walls down. It's not that difficult to understand HB.

My point is very very simple... A washed up Harbhajan still happens to be the second best off spinner in our country.. And hence he has been selected. But he is not in great form and I do not expect him to set the world alight.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information