• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indiaholic

International Captain
True.. But Berai batted very well when the openers looked absolutely clueless. Juneja has looked very good too since a very iffy start.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I watched a bit of the first day and there was literally no spectator watching!
Yeah it's sad. More people on the field than in the stands. Meanwhile the India A v England was full (granted it was a special occasion and well publicised but still)

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah it's sad. More people on the field than in the stands. Meanwhile the India A v England was full (granted it was a special occasion and well publicised but still)
Free entry too.. But yeah mostly a publicity issue though I doubt people would turn up to watch Sandhu bowl.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Nobody watches first class cricket in India. Plus the location was not the home ground for either team.
It is a shame how India has turned its back on first-class cricket. Was there ever a time when the Ranji trophy was huge?

When is the highlights on? I missed day 2.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We need to make it franchise FC cricket. Get overseas players in. Give citizenship to promising young fast bowlers.:ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
People would show up to Ranji cricket if they knew any of the names playing in it. But once you become a regular in the nat side, you no longer play Ranji, it's just the discards (who are the butt of all jokes), the journeymen and the wannabes who play.

Would be nice if the BCCI tried to promote it time to time.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People would show up to Ranji cricket if they knew any of the names playing in it. But once you become a regular in the nat side, you no longer play Ranji, it's just the discards (who are the butt of all jokes), the journeymen and the wannabes who play.
That's the problem isn't it? National team regulars never play it anymore when previously they did at times. It's not feasible these days with how packed the schedule is but still.

indiaholic

International Captain
It is a shame how India has turned its back on first-class cricket. Was there ever a time when the Ranji trophy was huge?

When is the highlights on? I missed day 2.
The tournament hasn't been popular since I started following it. But substantial crowds do turn up occasionally. These will be games in which a large number of the popular players will be playing.

I was using a website called hotstar. It has the highlights but you may need to pretend to be browsing from India.

S.Kennedy

We need to make it franchise FC cricket. Get overseas players in. Give citizenship to promising young fast bowlers.:ph34r:
It is interesting how there has never been many overseas players in the Ranji Trophy; they would be much much better at Indian conditions if there was. County cricket has had an influx of overseas stars since the late '60s and this hasn't changed - witness the recent storm over Kolpacks. Sheffield Shield cricket used to attract West Indians (Sobers at South Australia) and the odd Englishman (Botham at Queensland). Even New Zealand's Plunket Shield has the odd overseas play; I think Michael Holding was at Canterbury (and Tasmania) and more recently Scott Borthwick played for Wellington.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah standards of play would be vastly better if people played domestic cricket in other countries even semi regularly. Kinda tough with the schedules these days though. Only a Pujara who won't get selected for anything else can find the time for county cricket.

S.Kennedy

The tournament hasn't been popular since I started following it. But substantial crowds do turn up occasionally. These will be games in which a large number of the popular players will be playing.

I was using a website called hotstar. It has the highlights but you may need to pretend to be browsing from India.
Got fifteen minute highlights here. Thank you kindly.