• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the most underated and overated players

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Who is the most underated and overated players.
My vote would go to caddick for overated.

Last edited:

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Overrated: P.Patel (sure he has potential, but recently he's missed so many simple stumpings)

A.Nehra (bowls pies, rivals tuffnel with batting and fielding ability-some much for a star paceman to propel india to future world domination)

T.Taibu (hes actually pretty good, just not as good as a lot of people make him out to be. in the thread on wicketkeeprs some considered him to be the best in the world- thats over the top. in the vb series he seems to fumble a lot keeping up to the spinners. his batting aint that great either)

Underrated: B. Williams (a lot of people on this forum seem to knock him- hes been close to the most effective aussie bowler all summer, and he always puts in in the outfield)

Andre

International Regular
imranrabb said:
My vote would go to caddick for overated.
How can a man with over 200 Test wickets be seen as overrated?

With his height, sharp bounce and commendable pace, was well as one of the better leg-cutters going around, i fail to see how he is overrated.

I agree with Don Ricardo and his sentiments - Williams isn't all that bad.

As for a bloke who's underrated, look no further than Mike Kasprowicz.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what the hell :)

overrated
- Brad williams - there are better options - particularly for tests.
- Martyn - his footwork against spinners is spimply crap

- Macgill

underrated
- Lee in ODI's

- Inness, noffke, rofe, nicholson

love, hussey, katich, Elliot

-Patel - everyone gives him heaps for every mistake he makes, once people give the guy a chance they will see how good this guy will be :)

heath streak

Re: Re: Who are the most underated and overated players

Andre said:
How can a man with over 200 Test wickets be seen as overrated?

With his height, sharp bounce and commendable pace, was well as one of the better leg-cutters going around, i fail to see how he is overrated.
I suppose that's true, but his style of bowling was much more suited to second innings. He was dead wood in the first innings as far as the best bowlers go, but up there with the best in the world when the pitch started to crumble.

I've no idea whether that makes him overrated or underrated. :D

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Under-rated = West Indian top 6.
Over-rated = Indian top 6, bar Sachin of course.

FRAZ

International Captain
How many times we are gonna discuss this underrated over rated thing .......
The only 11 players which are under and OVER RATED at the same times ,is the whole Pakistani cricket team... Thats it end of discussion ...
Sayonara

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
nibblet said:
overrated = Michael Bevan
How can you say that Michael Bevan is overrated :O

His record in ODI's is nothing short of brilliant and he will go down as one of the best ODI players ever.

jackster83

Cricket Spectator
Overrated - Marcus Trescothick: he only makes runs against weak teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh...
- The whole Indian cricket team: they were flogged in every away series prior to the Australian tour...

Underrated - Darren Lehmann: he has a massive amount of 1st class runs and can bowl pretty well and would captain most international one day sides
- Heath Streak, Chaminda Vaas and Chanderpaul also deserve more respect because they too often have to carry their teams against the top sides in the world

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
age_master said:
what the hell :)

overrated
- Brad williams - there are better options - particularly for tests.
- Macgill
underrated
- Lee in ODI's

heath streak
Brad Williams has performed very well in the VB Series & I think that he is not a bad bowler at all, though Williams is more suited IMO in ODI's.

Stuart MacGill has performed well in Shane Warne's absence (in Tests) and whilst he may not be as good as Warne, he has (most of the time) performed well.

Brett Lee is a superb ODI bowler and IMO he was the best Australian Bowler in ODI's for 2003.

I agree with you that Heath Streak is underated. Heath Streak is a great player who deserves even more recongition. He is an insprational captain for Zimbabwe.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Over rated

Sehwag - just luck for him. Should be out way earlier than he is!
Micheal Clarke is fast becoming over rated....might need a few more games though...

Under rated

Ajit Agarker - Tremendous player and great bowler. needs work on his batting though.

Patel - Needs experience, as simple as that

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
SquidAU said:
Under rated

Ajit Agarker - Tremendous player and great bowler. needs work on his batting though.
He has performed well in Australia.

He does need to work on improving his consistency levels with the bat, though he has hit one century in Tests (109*) & a highest ODI score of 95.