• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting the only "one and only"

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Well then lets be more accurate; the amount of self belief and ego you have is quite...not normal.

GG if you're a troll, and lol if you aren't. DW we won't tease you about this too much when you're older.
Reasons why I am not a troll

Its hard to think theses reasons but ultimately you get them if you are ready to shoot for the moon and land among stars!

1. If I would be a troll, I would chose an English name like : Dennis slim, Dillon etc. and not a south Asian Pakistani name because Pakistani people are often considered as fool people and that's why I see most Pakistani posters change their locations to London etc. But I didn't do this.

2. I am not an alt because Mods can check the alt and they have definitely checked it for me.

3. I have offered proofs at certain times but at that times, your "mouths were closed"

Calling me a troll doesn't make sense
If it makes, then its a fake sense

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
That you must agree
If not then tell one reason why he should no be considered as:

1. The greatest Batsman
2. The greatest Captain
3. The greatest Cricketer
I'll be nice and give you some answers.

1. Don Bradman. 99.94, ring a bell? Wasn't even the best batsman of his era (Tendulkar was). He had a high peak yes, but was unable to sustain it.
2. In his captaincy, he took control of the worlds best team. Please don't try and use his w/l record as evidence of his great captaincy. When he came into the captaincy, we already had Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Lehmann, Gilchrist etc. going around, and they were soon joined by Clarke. Of course we also had great bowlers in the form of Warne, McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, MacGill and a slew of other talented quicks.
3. Other players have been better batsmen, other players have been batsman of comparable or greater skill whilst also bowling (Sobers and Kallis).

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
I'll be nice and give you some answers.

1. Don Bradman. 99.94, ring a bell? Wasn't even the best batsman of his era (Tendulkar was). He had a high peak yes, but was unable to sustain it.
2. In his captaincy, he took control of the worlds best team. Please don't try and use his w/l record as evidence of his great captaincy. When he came into the captaincy, we already had Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Lehmann, Gilchrist etc. going around, and they were soon joined by Clarke. Of course we also had great bowlers in the form of Warne, McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, MacGill and a slew of other talented quicks.
3. Other players have been better batsmen, other players have been batsman of comparable or greater skill whilst also bowling (Sobers and Kallis).
Thank You for really discussing it

1. What do you actually mean? Can you name a batsman who was better than Ponting? I will prove he wasn't!
2. Where did I say that I am rating Ponting as best captain because of record?? Did I say that?? Then When??
How do you rate captain? You see the following qualities:

1. He could treat the Problems.

2. He was consistent in efforts.

3. He had the best of courage.

4. He was the most effective.

5. He never felt shy.

6. He was the best role model.

7. He knew his teammates personally.

8. He was the best organizer.

9. He was a positive thinker.

10. He could also do sledging.

11. He was the most hardworking one.

12. And Probably he was the most tough captain.

3. What are you implying there?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reasons why I am not a troll

Its hard to think theses reasons but ultimately you get them if you are ready to shoot for the moon and land among stars!

1. If I would be a troll, I would chose an English name like : Dennis slim, Dillon etc. and not a south Asian Pakistani name because Pakistani people are often considered as fool people and that's why I see most Pakistani posters change their locations to London etc. But I didn't do this.

2. I am not an alt because Mods can check the alt and they have definitely checked it for me.

3. I have offered proofs at certain times but at that times, your "mouths were closed"

Calling me a troll doesn't make sense
If it makes, then its a fake sense

You couldn't be chumming the sea any harder.

I'll admit you had some novelty at first but once the bait gets Flanderized it becomes so obvious.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
How Ponting was the best batsman?

1. He was the unluckiest

Yes. He was the unluckiest of all batsmen.

The no. 3 Position

He used to bat at number three which is the toughest position to bat - agreed by almost all cricketers.

The Inconsistent Openers

Then it adds to his unluckiness that he had inconsistent openers.

The inconsistent openers and the no. 3 position together

If the openers are inconsistent for a no.3 batsman, there are two possibilities.

1. Either they return to pavilion in the beginning. This makes the no.3 under pressure.

2. Or they make big partnerships. Which reduces the number of remaining overs and thus the no. 3 gets less time to be stable.

Matches he played out of foam

Furthermore, Ponting played most of his matches out of foam. Imagine, if he had not played those matches, he would get his stats like 54+ one day average and 62+ test average.

The burden of captaincy

Ponting was a captain of the mightiest team of the time and this increased the burden on him. He had to manage the leadership of a large number of great players which was definitely a stress for him and hence it affected and harmed his batting

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain

2. He was the best according to timing, middling and stroke formula

There are three types of batting skills or abilities.

* Strock (the ability to strike the ball)
* The ability to middle the ball with bat
* The timing of the shot

No batsman except Brian Lara(at his best) Ricky Ponting(Under some special conditions) possesses the mastery in all these three abilities.

Some would answer that there are other abilities like footwork or placement etc.

For convenience, Footwork is just to head towards or get behind from the ball. It is for batsman's ease and it aligns with timing.
Placement is an ability that is derived from these given abilities.

And Ponting is the best in timing - in that sense

The main is the timing thing
Its possessor is a shining thing

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

2. He was the best according to timing, middling and stroke formula

There are three types of batting skills or abilities.

* Strock (the ability to strike the ball)
* The ability to middle the ball with bat
* The timing of the shot

No batsman except Brian Lara(at his best) Ricky Ponting(Under some special conditions) possesses all these three abilities.

Some would answer that there are other abilities like footwork or placement etc.

For convenience, Footwork is just to head towards or get behind from the ball. It is for batsman's ease and it aligns with timing.
Placement is an ability that is derived from these given abilities.

And Ponting is the best in timing - in that sense

The main is the timing thing
Its possessor is a shining thing

Because your trolling is getting old and less entertaining, I've realised a way to still enjoy what you post is to read your crap in my head with the voice of the narrator in this clip. I hope this helps others until you are banned again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Because your trolling is getting old and less entertaining, I've realised a way to still enjoy what you post is to read your crap in my head with the voice of the narrator in this clip. I hope this helps others until you are banned again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE
this one was reported for total lack of sense, obviously poor behavior, meaningless posting, harassment, lack of respect for other members