• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
He's got a test match hundred against Steyn, Morkel and Philander in their own backyard. Another Test hundred against Boult and Southee in helpful conditions at Port of Spain. He's averaging way over 50 since his return to the side. He scored 4 hundreds in our FC competition. He bats for forever and a day if you let him. All this at aged 22.

So yes, really.
Braithwaite is as good as any opener in the world other than Warner.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got a test match hundred against Steyn, Morkel and Philander in their own backyard. Another Test hundred against Boult and Southee in helpful conditions at Port of Spain. He's averaging way over 50 since his return to the side. He scored 4 hundreds in our FC competition. He bats for forever and a day if you let him. All this at aged 22.

So yes, really.
Braithwaite is as good as any opener in the world other than Warner.
Hmm, news to me. I thought he was one of those crop of new WI players that would struggle to make most country's domestic teams.

My overseas cricket knowledge has turned to **** since I lost foxtel

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, news to me. I thought he was one of those crop of new WI players that would struggle to make most country's domestic teams.

My overseas cricket knowledge has turned to **** since I was conceived and for some reason I refuse to use the internet and let Foxtel dictate how broad my knowledge is.
Fixed that for you

Gnske

Yeah it's a real struggle being able to fit into society without being able to recite the averages of all current test cricketers off by heart. You couldn't possibly understand.
Don't you talk to me about being an outcast, don't you know what a curse it is to know literally everything and anything about cricket and to have an IQ the same as my age.

TheJediBrah

Don't you talk to me about being an outcast, don't you know what a curse it is to know literally everything and anything about cricket and to have an IQ the same as my age.
Sorry, didn't realise you were a teenager

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's a real struggle being able to fit into society without being able to recite the averages of all current test cricketers off by heart. You couldn't possibly understand.
Why would you Bother even posting on the subject when you clearly have no clue let alone be on a CRICKET FORUM.

Braithwaite is a clear talent and has proven so already.

OverratedSanity

Well if you don't know how good Brathwaite is, why even respond with a snarky "really?" when Beamer mentioned Brathwaite. Should've just kept quiet if you didn't know he was a talent.

TheJediBrah

Well if you don't know how good Brathwaite is, why even respond with a snarky "really?" when Beamer mentioned Brathwaite. Should've just kept quiet if you didn't know he was a talent.
lol wut

If I didn't know he "was a talent", asking about it would be the best way to learn. Keeping quiet would be extremely counter-productive. And there was no snarkiness intended in the post you refer to, if you read it that way then that's on you.

Terrible post tbh

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

lol wut

If I didn't know he "was a talent", asking about it would be the best way to learn. Keeping quiet would be extremely counter-productive. And there was no snarkiness intended in the post you refer to, if you read it that way then that's on you.

Terrible post tbh
Apologies if there was no snarkiness. My bad.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I could see Jos Buttler getting a first Test century here in the Caribbean. If England bat decently at the top of the order and have plenty of time, I could definitely see him smash a rapid-fire century.

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
Cook hasn't scored a ton since WG Grace was a lad, so if he wants to score the extra 5 runs then fine. Calibre of opposition doesn't mean anything, psychologically starting the tour with a ton could be massive for him.
Fair enough, but I think he scored a ton against Surrey before the 2013 ashes and look what good that did!

How long does Cook get before a) he's removed as captain and b) removed altogether? This isn't trolling, just a genuine question. If he fails against West Indies but England still win presumably they will still persevere with him? But surely there isn't much left in the tank after that and a failure against New Zealand and Aus would be it?

Gnske

Fair enough, but I think he scored a ton against Surrey before the 2013 ashes and look what good that did!

How long does Cook get before a) he's removed as captain and b) removed altogether? This isn't trolling, just a genuine question. If he fails against West Indies but England still win presumably they will still persevere with him? But surely there isn't much left in the tank after that and a failure against New Zealand and Aus would be it?
They won't dump him unless Brian Lara allows the West Indies team to feast on his blood and renew their strength to smash England.

Assuming he does fail with the bat and England win/draw, he'll captain against NZ for sure, a failure there would have to be a final nail in the coffin. It would be insanity to take him to the Ashes if such a thing were to happen. Probably won't be the case though, at worst he'll do just enough.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Broad gone off injured. Ballance, Trott and Bairstow playing for opposition. Anderson already has Trott out.

theegyptian

Short of England and Cook being awful against WI and NZ, Cook will probably get the summer against Australia. At that point they could make a decision.

As a captain you'd don't miss much by not selecting him (apart from having to bring in a captain who isn't ready/could afffect their form) but as a batsman he's still important for England and completely worth persevering with.

People right off his runs in the winning series against Australia and India as the opposition having poor attacks but those were extreme pressure situations

a) England hadn't won in those countries for a long time b) England were in bad positions before he scored those runs. Brisbane 2010 . England 220 behind on first innings. Ahmedabad and Mumbai 2012. England ridiculed in the leadup to tour and all thoughts were a 4-0 win to India. Cook turned around a sinking ship.

You can't overlook Cook's mental fortitude. Technically he can be crap but mentally he's been very close to being dropped before and in struggling teams and turned it around. It's not like England have a wealth of batting options. Still he has to score good runs at some point and look decent at the crease or they will need to change things (but bear in mind he averaged 50 in england's last test series which they beat india 3-1).

So by the end of the summer We'll probably know one way or another. Who knows by that point Root might be ready to take over the captaincy? Can't see any other viable options.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Not exactly ideal for England. Ballance failing again. Bairstow currently 90* when realistically Buttler is the one who could be doing with having a bat against decent bowling.