Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: U-23 Batsmen Watch/Prediction/Gloat when they succeed Thread

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!

U-23 Batsmen Watch/Prediction/Gloat when they succeed Thread

Now I do realize that there's no doubt that India has the most talented young batsmen in the world, but for the sake of not letting the others feel too bad, I'll give the rest of the nations a mention too. I'll exclude WI of course, just to bait WW into posting his list of the 'next big things' in cricket that's always good for a few lulz.

India

Sanju Samson
    Vijay Zol
    Unmukt Chand
    Baaboi Apparajith
    Rahul Dravid Jr

Pakistan

Ahmed Shehzad
    Sami Aslam
    Babar Azam
    Usman Salahuddin

Australia

Mitchell Marsh
    Nic Maddinson
    Jordan Silk
    Peter Handscomb
    Other tidy wicketkeeper whose name I can't recall

Bangladesh

Mominul Haque
    Anamul Haque

New Zealand

Tom Latham
    Corey Anderson
    James Neesham
    Joe Carter
    Something Mitchell or Michael something

Zimbabwe

Your move, PEWS

England

Have a history of producing talentless players but just developing them into good players through their superior facilities and infrastructure. Not much to see here.

Sri Lanka

Maximas pls

Associates

Heef thx.

So yeah, rate your top 5 or something
    Last edited by Daemon; 10-02-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Usman Ghani surely the pick of the associate young'uns.

Not much on offer from Namibia - Stephan Baard or Gerhard Erasmus are both young, and hopefully with the opportunities Namibia are getting, they'll improve.

EDIT: Hard to get much information on other associate teams without being closer to the action.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Usman Ghani surely the pick of the associate young'uns.

Not much on offer from Namibia - Stephan Baard or Gerhard Erasmus are both young, and hopefully with the opportunities Namibia are getting, they'll improve.

EDIT: Hard to get much information on other associate teams without being closer to the action.
    Yeah he looked decent against India.

Irfan Karim? Never watched him, maybe Andruid (sp?) knows more.

I find it sad that keepers are now just classed as batsmen.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Jake Doran. Gonna be a great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

U19 12th Man
    Litton das is a good talent for Bangladesh.
    testcricketer likes this.

International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    England

Have a history of producing talentless players but just developing them into good players through their superior facilities and infrastructure. Not much to see here.
    Slightly harsh even if tongue in cheek. Although it isn't much fun watching Cook, Ballance, Root etc bat - I wouldn't quite say they were without talent.

I'd suggest the best or most likely to succeed u23s English batsman would be Alex Lees(21), Sam Hain(19) and Haseeb Hameed(18). I like Joe Clarke(18) as well as a keeper bat but that's more a punt. Vince, 23, could be very good also although there are some doubts at present. Billings also 23 has got a chance.
    Last edited by theegyptian; 11-02-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Daemon likes this.

I'll do ours. Feel free to expand or disagree WW . It's not a good time for our young batsman who play on some terrible wickets, so this list is based mostly on rumour/reputation or having seen them bat a few times.

Barbados

Kraigg Brathwaite (22) - Already scored over 1000 test runs. Prolific appetite for batting. Won't win any beauty contests but would be very surprised if he doesn't average between 45 and 50 in tests. Incredibly mentally strong.

Shai Hope (21) - Prolific Under 19 batsman a few years back, hasn't done anything at FC level yet. Really aesthetically pleasing batsman, if you watch him for 5 minutes you'll think you're watching the next big thing in West Indian batting before he inevitably finds a way to get out.

Guyana

Shimron Hetmyer (18) - Big hitting left hander who is very powerful for an 18 year old. A Mathew Hayden style bullier of bowling, he has looked pretty good in his first few FC matches without scoring many runs.

Tagnerine Chanderpaul (18) - Shiv junior is a determined young batsman who scores heavily at Under 19 and district level. He's very similar to Shiv when he was the same age but with slightly more power and less runs to his name.

Jamaica

Jermaine Blackwood (23) - Very attractive batsman to watch, he has all the shots in the book and more. He has dominated some pretty good attacks on dodgy pitches but is going through a bad patch at the moment. He is my favourite young batsman to watch and I hope he maintains and expands on the decent start he has had to his test career.

Leroy Lugg (18) - Never seen him bat but absolutely love the name so he had to make this list.

Leeward Islands

Literally no-one. Zilcho. Nada. Whatever happened to the islands that produced Sir Viv and Richie?

Trinidad & Tobago

Nicholas Pooran (19) - The new Gilchrist, he packs an amazing amount of power for a slightly built 18 year old. Keeps very well too. Potentially a real star, but unfortunately didn't get to play much cricket this year after badly breaking his leg in a car crash.

Evin Lewis (23) - Gifted left handed opener in the Jayasuria mould, he has been excellent in the T20 format but sadly hasn't translated that to scores in the 4 day format this year which is a shame because he was good last year.

Windward Islands

Sunil Ambris (21) - Tall and elegant right hander who played really well last year. He has really disappointed this year though which is a shame. Hoping for a big end to the season for him as he was up there with Blackwood at the end of last season.

Emmanuel Stewart (15) - I've never seen him bat but people in the Windward Islands think he's the best batsman they have produced for decades. He's a little wicket keeper/batsman. He toured Australia with the T & T Under 16 team as a guest batsman when he was 14 and scored lots of runs. Apparently the coaches at the Darren Lehman academy thought he was an awesome young talent.

So Emmanuel Stewart is my 'gloat when they succeed' candidate whilst Kraigg Brathwaite is the most obvious choice for success at the highest level (he's already doing it really).
    Last edited by Beamer; 11-02-2015 at 12:54 PM.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    I'll do ours. Feel free to expand or disagree WW . It's not a good time for our young batsman who play on some terrible wickets, so this list is based mostly on rumour/reputation or having seen them bat a few times.

Barbados

Kraigg Brathwaite (22) - Already scored over 1000 test runs. Prolific appetite for batting. Won't win any beauty contests but would be very surprised if he doesn't average between 45 and 50 in tests. Incredibly mentally strong.

Shai Hope (21) - Prolific Under 19 batsman a few years back, hasn't done anything at FC level yet. Really aesthetically pleasing batsman, if you watch him for 5 minutes you'll think you're watching the next big thing in West Indian batting before he inevitably finds a way to get out.

Guyana

Shimron Hetmyer (18) - Big hitting left hander who is very powerful for an 18 year old. A Mathew Hayden style bullier of bowling, he has looked pretty good in his first few FC matches without scoring many runs.

Tagnerine Chanderpaul (18) - Shiv junior is a determined young batsman who scores heavily at Under 19 and district level. He's very similar to Shiv when he was the same age but with slightly more power and less runs to his name.

Jamaica

Jermaine Blackwood (23) - Very attractive batsman to watch, he has all the shots in the book and more. He has dominated some pretty good attacks on dodgy pitches but is going through a bad patch at the moment. He is my favourite young batsman to watch and I hope he maintains and expands on the decent start he has had to his test career.

Leroy Lugg (18) - Never seen him bat but absolutely love the name so he had to make this list.

Leeward Islands

Literally no-one. Zilcho. Nada. Whatever happened to the islands that produced Sir Viv and Richie?

Trinidad & Tobago

Nicholas Pooran (19) - The new Gilchrist, he packs an amazing amount of power for a slightly built 18 year old. Keeps very well too. Potentially a real star, but unfortunately didn't get to play much cricket this year after badly breaking his leg in a car crash.

Evin Lewis (23) - Gifted left handed opener in the Jayasuria mould, he has been excellent in the T20 format but sadly hasn't translated that to scores in the 4 day format this year which is a shame because he was good last year.

Windward Islands

Sunil Ambris (21) - Tall and elegant right hander who played really well last year. He has really disappointed this year though which is a shame. Hoping for a big end to the season for him as he was up there with Blackwood at the end of last season.

Emmanuel Stewart (15) - I've never seen him bat but people in the Windward Islands think he's the best batsman they have produced for decades. He's a little wicket keeper/batsman. He toured Australia with the T & T Under 16 team as a guest batsman when he was 14 and scored lots of runs. Apparently the coaches at the Darren Lehman academy thought he was an awesome young talent.

So Emmanuel Stewart is my 'gloat when they succeed' candidate whilst Kraigg Brathwaite is the most obvious choice for success at the highest level (he's already doing it really).
    What do you think of alzarri Joseph?

Quote Originally Posted by Gowza View Post
    What do you think of alzarri Joseph?
    I've only seen a little bit of footage of him so can't really give an informed view but he looked like a tall and nippy fast bowler to me. Certainly very promising for an 18 year old. He should be playing for the Leeward Islands regularly.

Have you seen him bowl?

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    I've only seen a little bit of footage of him so can't really give an informed view but he looked like a tall and nippy fast bowler to me. Certainly very promising for an 18 year old. He should be playing for the Leeward Islands regularly.

Have you seen him bowl?
    No haven't seen him bowl but heard his name thrown around quite a bit.

For Pak-Babar Azam, Sami Aslam, Imam ul Haq (Inzi nephew) Saud Shakeel, Mo Rizwan

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Slightly harsh even if tongue in cheek. Although it isn't much fun watching Cook, Ballance, Root etc bat - I wouldn't quite say they were without talent.

I'd suggest the best or most likely to succeed u23s English batsman would be Alex Lees(21), Sam Hain(19) and Haseeb Hameed(18). I like Joe Clarke(18) as well as a keeper bat but that's more a punt. Vince, 23, could be very good also although there are some doubts at present. Billings also 23 has got a chance.
    Also think Daniel Bell-Drummond (21) has half a chance too.

At the moment Usman Ghani is slightly better than Tom Latham (MVP).

Anderson is obviously awesome but I don't consider middle order batsmen real batsmen.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Now I do realize that there's no doubt that India has the most talented young batsmen in the world, but for the sake of not letting the others feel too bad, I'll give the rest of the nations a mention too. I'll exclude WI of course, just to bait WW into posting his list of the 'next big things' in cricket that's always good for a few lulz.

India

Sanju Samson
    Vijay Zol
    Unmukt Chand
    Baaboi Apparajith
    Rahul Dravid Jr

Pakistan

Ahmed Shehzad
    Sami Aslam
    Babar Azam
    Usman Salahuddin

Australia

Mitchell Marsh
    Nic Maddinson
    Jordan Silk
    Peter Handscomb
    Other tidy wicketkeeper whose name I can't recall

Bangladesh

Mominul Haque
    Anamul Haque

New Zealand

Tom Latham
    Corey Anderson
    James Neesham
    Joe Carter
    Something Mitchell or Michael something

Zimbabwe

Your move, PEWS

England

Sri Lanka

Maximas pls

Associates

Heef thx.

So yeah, rate your top 5 or something
    Whiteman?

In addition to your list I'd have Travis Head there somewhere, and Doran seems a big talent.

Who's Rahul Dravid Jr?
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information