• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
1. Dean Elgar
2. Alviro Petersen
3. Hashim Amla
4. Faf du Plessis
5. AB de Villiers
6. JP Duminy
7. Quinton de Kock
8. Vernon Philander
9. Kyle Abbott
10. Dale Steyn
11. Morne Morkel

12. Ryan McLaren
13. Robin Peterseon
14. Stiaan van Zyl
15. Rory Kleinveldt

Feel free to hit me with offers. Obviously predominantly looking to getting spinners and openers. Will be willing to trade any non Steyn/Philander bowler and pretty much any batsman other than Amla or AB.

cnerd123

likes this
*****, I'll give you two quick bowlers, one from each pool, plus Michael Bracewell for Nasir Hossain + Tamim Iqbal:

Pool A: Mark Gillespie, Brent Arnel, Graeme Aldridge, Doug Bracewell
Pool B: Mitch McCleneghan, Kyle MIlls, Ben Wheeler, Bevan Small, Jacob Duffy
Give me Doug Bracewell and you can have Anamul Haque.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, and in one of your trades you're giving away 7 and across two trades you're giving away 8.

cnerd123

likes this
If I'm not mistaken I get one free draft of any player available?

In which case I take Dale Steyn. If I can give up one of my fringe players, I give up Shamsur Rahman. If I have to give up one of my starting 15, I sacrifice Jubair Hossain.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Morgieb, name your price for (Warner + Watson + Pattinson).

You'll get any 5 players from outside my squad, and a few more from within.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If I'm not mistaken I get one free draft of any player available?

In which case I take Dale Steyn. If I can give up one of my fringe players, I give up Shamsur Rahman. If I have to give up one of my starting 15, I sacrifice Jubair Hossain.
Nah, you can draft any player not named in a 15.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Give me Doug Bracewell and you can have Anamul Haque.
No thanks. Bracewell would be Bangladesh's GOAT fast bowler; why would I trade him for someone who I'd have behind Todd Astle, HamRud and Jeet Raval in the opening stakes.

Bracewell and Gillespie for Tamim is my offer. Take it or leave it, but they improve your fast bowling exponentially.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah, you can draft any player not named in a 15.
So I sub out a player in my 15 for one outside the 15 of another country?

Okay, will get to that tmrw. Probably Gazi to be subbed out, just realised his action has been cleared yet :P

And no on Tamim for Bracewell. Tamim is Bangladesh's GOAT opening bat and we have literally no one behind him. His value to BD is far greater than Bracewell's is to NZ.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ok morgieb, here is my revised trade offer, as the earlier one wasn't legal.

(MS Dhoni + Shikhar Dhawan + Manoj Tiwary + Badrinath + Gambhir / Sehwag + Karn Sharma / Akshar Patel) for (Warner + Watson + Pattinson).

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And no on Tamim for Bracewell. Tamim is Bangladesh's GOAT opening bat and we have literally no one behind him. His value to BD is far greater than Bracewell's is to NZ.
This may be true, but Bracewell's value to Bangladesh is far greater than Tamim's value to Bangladesh, considering Bangladesh also have Anamul, Mominul, Shakib, Nasir, Marmadoola and Rahim who can score runs, but literally nobody who can bowl seam-up to Sydney Grade Cricket standard.

Anyway, moving on. morgieb, Jesse Ryder + a non-squad batsman/keeper/all-rounder of your choice for Shane Watson. Not only does Watson **** off out of the Australian team, but you don't have to trade with weldone either! :ph34r:

Cabinet, how can I pick up Faf from you? Neesham to solve the all-rounder problem and Brownlie as an opener?

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
With my offer, morgieb can end up with an Australian top 7 of

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Chris Rogers (/ Gambhir / Sehwag, if he wants)
3. Badrinath
4. Steve Smith*
5. Manoj Tiwary
6. MS Dhoni+
7. Mitchell Marsh

That's better than the current Australian batting line-up, in spite of Warner.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cabinet, how can I pick up Faf from you? Neesham to solve the all-rounder problem and Brownlie as an opener?
Think you might have a hard time because NZ aren't particularly that strong in the areas where SA are weak. Feel that trade would weaken my batting and I don't really need a fifth bowler at the moment. Though I guess I might want a fourth seamer if I swap Abbott for Babar.

Btw, if no one can top that Marcuss offer I'll be taking.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hang on, hang on. Don't ***** and I get to pick two players who weren't drafted into people's starting line-ups before the trading starts? I couldn't pick until all teams had been selected, but my first pick was going to be Pragyan Ojha due to desperate need for a spinner.

"8) Special rules for Bangers and Zimbos. Bangers and Zimbos general managers may draft two players who are not named in the initial lists of 15 from other countries. Only one player can be drafted from each country. This is to stop Australia being hit for 4 quick bowlers. This drafting will take place at the beginning of the game. I will flip a coin and let those managers know who will draft first."

Unless I've misunderstood this - but I would like to select Ojha and Ryder.

Last edited: