• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amla or De Villiers?

Who?

• Amla

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • De Villiers

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Chris Martin

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're both so ****ing good at test cricket its hard to split them but right now I'd take AB.

Regardless of the mocking of ODI cricket on here, how ****ing epic are their ODI records as well.

What a couple of freaks. AB is probably ATG ODI XI now.

Niall

International Coach
They're both so ****ing good at test cricket its hard to split them but right now I'd take AB.

Regardless of the mocking of ODI cricket on here, how ****ing epic are their ODI records as well.

What a couple of freaks. AB is probably ATG ODI XI now.
Agreed, with all that bar the last line, for either to be ATG, they have to do it in the knock out stages of a ICC competition and have either of them ever done that?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
While we are discussing singing, Sanjay Manjrekar is an exceptional singer too. There are some videos on youtube I believe (all Bollywood songs).

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm almost certain this isn't all true. Badminton one is from memory, and possibly tennis. But I don't believe all of the others are true - he certainly wasn't captain of the baby boks.

That said, he certainly was a sports talent in general.
I don't know. It was posted by Sourav Ganguly on fb.

andmark

International Captain
The thing which edges it to AB for me is his wicket keeping can allow some flexibility for squad selection or if the first choice keeper got injured.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought long and hard about this, but feel AB edges Amla marginally. Would have been the other way around a couple of years ago.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
can't definitely say who's the better batsman at this stage but AB de Villiers

1. shortlisted for Jr national hockey squad,
2. shortlisted for Jr national football squad,
3. was Captain of South Africa Jr rugby,
4. holds six south africa school swimming records,
5. has fastest 100 mtr time in South Africa junior athletics,
6. was a member of South Africa Jr Davis Cup tennis team,
7. was National Badminton U-19 champion.

..so it's safe to say that there's only one thing where Amla can compete with AB
****, that's nearly as good as Kim Jong Un