• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Namibia and Zimbabwe

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Rik said:
Go Heath Streak! Go Zimbabwe :) (hey just because all hell's going on there, and I wouldn't want England even getting near to going there, doesn't mean I don't support Zimbabwe)

Go Craig Wishart!
Well said :)

Hope for a big win, it'd do a bit for their confidence...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well said :)

Hope for a big win, it'd do a bit for their confidence...
Wow, the post I really didn't expect a "Well said" from! Thanks!

I want them to do well, Heath Streak deserves it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mahwire isnt as bad as you all make out, but Sibanda most certainly is. Matsikenyeri isnt the worst test player either, but Ide never pick him in ODIs, he seems to have brain explosions while playing them (normally due to the slow scoring fo teh players in front of him...). Ebrahim is absolutely rubbish. Ewing looks a good prospect, as does Hoffman (Hoffman based on stats only). And if Trevor Gripper doesnt make the side i will personally kill Mugabe.

- EDIT-

Heres the team: Heath Streak (capt), Tatenda Taibu (vc) (wk), Trevor Gripper, Dion Ebrahim, Stuart Carlisle, Grant Flower, Sean Ervine, Andy Blignaut, Gavin Ewing, Raymond Price, Douglas Hondo.

Im guessing the lineup will look something like this:

T Gripper
D Ebrahim
G Flower
S Carlisle
S Ervine
G Ewing
T Taibu
H Streak
A Blignaut
R Price
D Hondo

I could be very wrong as the middle order is very hard to pick...

5-9 could all swap places quite easily.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling that Grant Flower will resume his opening career in tests after he opened towards the end of the VB series.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"Since 1947 the position is much clearer since the individual governing bodies of Full Member countries of the ICC have decided on status of matches in their own country, and also that by Full Member touring sides to Associate Member countries."

Down to the BCB, it seems.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Zimbabwe team:
TR Gripper, DD Ebrahim, GW Flower, SV Carlisle, SM Ervine, +T Taibu, *HH Streak, GM Ewing, AM Blignaut, RW Price, DT Hondo.

Bangladesh team:
Hannan Sarkar, Shahriar Hossain, *Habibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahman, +Khaled Mashud, Manjural Islam Rana, Mohammad Rafique, Tapash Baisya, Manjural Islam.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dancing in the streets of Dhaka!

1.1 Tapash Baisya to Gripper, OUT: outside off, short, gets back to cut, top edge, GREAT catch at first slip, getting up high, stretching out the hand and takes it well above the head

Zimbabwe 0/1, Partnership of 0
TR Gripper c Habibul Bashar b Tapash Baisya 0 (1b 0x4 0x6)
DD Ebrahim 0* (6b) Tapash Baisya 0.1-0-0-1

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Zimbabwe 1/32 after 11 overs and Carlisle smahing Baisya around the park.....well, as much as he can anyways. He has 25 of 33 balls with 3x4 and 1x6

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Match finely poised IMO. 175/4 after Ebrahim and Carlisle scored 107 for the second wicket. Ebrahim made 65, Carlisle 58, and Ervine and Taibu has started well.

Rafique ending with 2/41 off 22 overs - could quickly go to a draw if we have a bit more rain...

Last edited:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
...175/4 after Ebrahim and Carlisle scored 107 for the first wicket.
That was for the second wicket.......but still, a very slow game. Like watching grass grow, really.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
That was for the second wicket.......but still, a very slow game. Like watching grass grow, really.
Lol. Got a bit confused there, thanks :)

174 off 74 overs with four wickets taken, sounds slow...did you watch it?

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Sounds really silly, but I wish I could. Having cricket withdrawals, methinks.

Was watching it on Cricinfo, which is slow normally, but it was just maiden after maiden....oooh, then a four, then a maiden, then a single.....and so forth.

PY

International Coach
The Zimbabwe batting is very long with this lineup. Streak, Blignaut and Ewing to come.

This Ewing has an pretty sweet record in FC cricket. I know he's playing in Zimbabwe where quality isn't the highest but still, he average 48 with the bat and 33 with the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PY said:
The Zimbabwe batting is very long with this lineup. Streak, Blignaut and Ewing to come.

This Ewing has an pretty sweet record in FC cricket. I know he's playing in Zimbabwe where quality isn't the highest but still, he average 48 with the bat and 33 with the ball.
The fact that he is playing Bangladesh cancells out the fact that his first class record is made up of Logan Cup matches. Hell do well. But I cant reallt talk. The two men I predicted to get hundred got out for 0 and 5 respectively.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
Go Heath Streak! Go Zimbabwe :) (hey just because all hell's going on there, and I wouldn't want England even getting near to going there)
The irony is that most of urban South Africa and United States is more dangerous than anywhere in Zimbabwe....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
The irony is that most of urban South Africa and United States is more dangerous than anywhere in Zimbabwe....
Because they are bigger places. Anyway try telling that to the white farm-owners and anyone who opposes Mugabe...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
1st 50 for Gavin Ewing, glad they are giving him a chance and he's playing sensibly, showing that "slogger" reputation, just because he scores quickly, doesn't mean anything.

Streak on for another 100, although a strike rate of 39 against Bangladesh is rather slow...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rik said:
Streak on for another 100, although a strike rate of 39 against Bangladesh is rather slow...
Damn and just as I say that:

54.4 Mushfiqur Rahman to Streak, OUT: Gone! steps forward and plays
across the line, tries to flick it, ball touches the face of blade
and went in the hands of keeper who takes a smart catch down the
legside, Mushfiqur Rahman strikes

Zimbabwe 412/8, Partnership of 106
HH Streak c Khaled Mashud b Mushfiqur Rahman 68 (178b 7x4 1x6)
GM Ewing 52* (93b 4x4 1x6) Mushfiqur Rahman 21.4-7-60-1 (1nb)