• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly fined 80% of match fees

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
If that's the case the Aussies are the bigger Cheats, Because They have been fined for slow over rate more than anyone else. Not to forget most of the time they were fined, Their team was the losing side. :lol: :lol:

I guess Gangs learnt this lession from his friends from down under.:yawn:
so how many times this summer has Australia been slow with their overs - once, and not by much at all.

how many times have india been slow, all through the test series, particularly in brisbane. and than the sydney ODI - tthe only real exeption whenthey finished half an hour early to show how fast they could bowl their overs

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
aussie_beater said:
And the word "cheat" is reserved for people(read Chappellis) who bowl underarm to avoid certain defeat

1) at the time i believe it was allowable under the laws of the game (slow over rates are not, hence the fines)
(in saying this i am not in any way condoning what happened, i do believe it was unsportmanlike, but it wasnt cheating)

2) to say that the aussies were heading to "certain defeat" is a bit rich when a kiwi tailender needed to hit a 6 off the only ball remaining to win the game

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
age_master said:
so how many times this summer has Australia been slow with their overs - once, and not by much at all.

how many times have india been slow, all through the test series, particularly in brisbane. and than the sydney ODI - tthe only real exeption whenthey finished half an hour early to show how fast they could bowl their overs
and how many times has India been fined for slow over rates this series ? if they haven't been fined a whole lot, then what's the beef ? The ICC didn't find anything wrong with it in most cases and so the chapter is closed.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Gee haven't i made this a fun thread? the Aussies may start with slow over rates but we don't spend half an hour cleaning our boots and get "injured" and then become magically fit enough to field at point (Yuvraj Singh)

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
^Yeah, you only take drugs to improve your performance. :lol:

I can almostfeel your pain. Too Bad your mental disintegration is not working. Time to be more creative.:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Thelwell said:
Who's worst than him? His behaviour last match was terrible.
Ganguly antic's must embarrass indians fans? He's the captain and should set an example.

The Australians play hard and sledge but thats all within the game.
I just realized that you are English, think Nasser on the SL tour, of course it was never proved because of "lack of evidence" but there really is no doubt that he actually said it....Murali is definitely not the type that would make that sort of complaint without reason.

Slowing down the game deliberately is definitely against the laws of the game, but it does not make him the worst man in cricket. The Aussies are no saints and you must have heard of the saying, those who live in glass houses...etc etc etc....

Since when has sledging been "within the game"? Recently, belatedly, the ICC passed some rules against abuse which is really another word for sledging. If so, intentional delaying tactics have also been just as much part and parcel of international cricket the world over and every team has done it at one point or the other.

He has been found guilty of breaking a rule and has been punished for it.....get over it now.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
And racially abuse your opponents, don't forget.
And repair the Pitch as well on the 5th day of the match to avoid a series defeat for your beloved Captain.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Neil Pickup said:
And racially abuse your opponents, don't forget.
BOOM! Case closed.
You can call Ganguly unsportsman like for bowling slow, I can call some Australian players racists for their comments. Then their captain proceeds to defend the player who made the offensive remark. Very sportsmanlike indeed.

I wonder which is worse.

Last edited: