• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah it doesn't look "any worse"..just missing the top wicket taker and one of the best batsmen in the whole comp...
Top wicket-taker who is banned from BCCI events...and who is the best batsman you speak of? Gayle averaged 21.77 at a SR of 106. Sachin Rana batted better than him lol.

Also I'm glad you agree with me. Its good that we both believe that the IPL will be fine if, for some reason, all West Indians decide not to take part in it anymore (or get banned or whatever).

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Being the top wicket taker in a competition in which he can no longer bowl makes Narine's value ever so slightly higher than Malcolm Marshall (RIP).

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, if the BCCI follows through with their plan to suspend all bilateral tours with WI, then that's probably it for WI cricket. No Indian tours means no money for international or domestic cricket, which means an exodus of players and likely a collapse of local cricketing infrastructure. It's time for the some serious boot licking on behalf of both the WICB, WIPA and the players involved. However, my fears are that it's already too late for any of that...

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Your national team just walked out on a tour representing the islands!! Are you that ****ing dense?!
1. that insult has been reported...i've had enough of people who can't debate properly coming in and having a go.

2. half of them were greedy prats anyway..so the strike was no surprise

3. i'm talking about our future prospects not being allowed to join the ipl..not some of the current clowns who will be banned from playing for WI anyway

So please read people's post properly before you start insulting others 8-) .

ImpatientLime

International Regular
1. that insult has been reported...i've had enough of people who can't debate properly coming in and having a go.

3. i'm talking about our future prospects not being allowed to join the ipl..not some of the current clowns who will be banned from playing for WI anyway

Please explain to me why they would want to play for a board that has just dramatically slashed their pay under very shady circumstances rather than go earn millions playing in the IPL?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Top wicket-taker who is banned from BCCI events...and who is the best batsman you speak of? Gayle averaged 21.77 at a SR of 106. Sachin Rana batted better than him lol.

Also I'm glad you agree with me. Its good that we both believe that the IPL will be fine if, for some reason, all West Indians decide not to take part in it anymore (or get banned or whatever).

*SMH*...i see comprehension is still an issue during this debate!!..

1. Narine has never been called in the ipl...so your point isn't valid

2. I said Gayle is ONE OF THE BEST batsmen in the ipl...do you really want to challenge that statement? :blink:

cnerd123

likes this
"More" South African's by ONE in the draft? wow what a huge gap :D .

None make the same impact as the likes of Gayle, Narine, Pollard etc though!!..which is why the IPL will be hurt when the WICB pull the plug.
This is the most brilliant point in the whole thread. That WW genuinely feels that the WICB has enough influence over its own players that it can somehow ban them from playing the IPL. The same players who just walked out on a tour on them.

And what's even better is that WW's examples of players who the IPL will miss are Narine (who got dropped from a Test series for choosing to play in the Champions League) and Gayle (who went a whole season or two without playing for the WI to get rich playing T20). Somehow, deep down inside, WW actually feels that, when push comes to shove, these two will pick the West Indies over the IPL. Despite the fact that they have already picked the IPL over the West Indies. Nope, that doesn't stop him. It's amazing.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

You don't seem to have grasped the biggest outcome. If you don't play bilateral tours with India even your future prospects will not be paid.

The WICB will probably barely have enough money to pay their groundsmen.

cnerd123

likes this
*SMH*...i see comprehension is still an issue during this debate!!..

1. Narine has never been called in the ipl...so your point isn't valid

2. I said Gayle is ONE OF THE BEST batsmen in the ipl...do you really want to challenge that statement? :blink:
1. Narine was called in the Champions League.
He is banned from bowling in all BCCI events.
The IPL is a BCCI event.
Therefore he is banned from bowling in all future IPLs (until cleared).
I love how I need to explain this to you.

2. By the same logic...Viv Richards is ONE OF THE BEST batsmen in the ICC World Cup...should the West Indies be recalling him back to the fold?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Please explain to me why they would want to play for a board that has just dramatically slashed their pay under very shady circumstances rather than go earn millions playing in the IPL?
It was their OWN UNION who signed the deal!!..that's what some of you guys are failing to comprehend. Before when they had issues it was "wipa this".."wipa that"..now their own guy has messed up they went begging to wicb and the board said "no..we'll deal with the union you were shouting about before"..and after that they spat their dummies out and went home..that to me is selfish crap and they will pay the price for it now.

All they needed to do is finish the tour, come home and negotiate the deal they are looking for otherwise they could have said "we aren't going to SA"..but what they've done is unforgivable imo...all they are interested in is money and time and time again the board have let them get away with murder by going to the ipl instead of playing for the region that gave them their chance in the first place..f#ck em.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
It was their OWN UNION who signed the deal!!..that's what some of you guys a failing to comprehend. Before when they had issues it was "wipa this".."wipa that"..now their own guy has messed up they went begging to wicb and the board said "no..we'll deal with the union you were shouting about before"..and after that they spat their dummies out and went home..that to me is selfish crap and they will pay the price for it now.

All they needed to do is finish the tour, come home and negotiate the deal they are looking for otherwise they could have said "we aren't going to SA"..but what they've done is unforgivable imo...all they are interested in is money and time and time again the board have let them get away with murder by going to the ipl instead of playing for the region that gave them their chance in the first place..f#ck em.
So according to you...**** the greedy players who want IPL money - Like Narine, Gayle, Bravo and Pollard. They should no longer represent the West Indies. They are greedy ****s.

Also, according to you, **** the BCCI. They won't tour the West Indies, then the WICB will retaliate by banning their players from playing in the IPL.

Therefore, according to you, this will include banning players like Narine, Gayle, Bravo and Pollard.

0.o