• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

Howsie

International Captain
Mitchell Santner continues to prove he's far to good of a batsman to be playing at seven. Don't like our batting line up and the less said about that bowling attack the better. I think I could come up with a much better all round team.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Another 100 for Murdoch. It's about now I start to wonder about the "what ifs" with Murdoch. What if Anthony Stuart wasn't firebirds coach for 4 years and Murdoch had to wait until he was 27.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another 100 for Murdoch. It's about now I start to wonder about the "what ifs" with Murdoch. What if Anthony Stuart wasn't firebirds coach for 4 years and Murdoch had to wait until he was 27.
Knowing how Wellington deal with youngsters, he probably would have retired from cricket by 25.

Immenso

I reckon Wagner might be doing enough to win his test spot back. Another late innings 5-for (although this was a second new ball effort rather than old ball).

Immenso

Wagner overtook Bracewell yesterday as the leading wicket taker in Plunket Shield. Quite a fascinating battle brewing between those two, although momentum with Wagner at the moment.

I'm a Wagner sceptic, but his response to his dropping now has me rooting for him. May finally have won me over.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's funny how they're both contrasting bowlers in similar positions in that:

Wagner will always seem dropable, no matter how well he's performing. He's constantly fighting to justify himself.

Bracewell will always seem selectable, no matter how poorly he's performing. He's shown us an irresistible performance (Hobart) and so we're constantly hoping he'll justify himself.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner has always loved bowling to Wellington's potato salad. Whenever he seems to be drifting out of NZ's inner-circle he can always bank on a couple of games against Welly to bring him back into the selector's minds. Haven't watched any of his bowling this season, but if Wagner's rediscovered his pace and stamina from the first half of 2014, I'll definitely have him back in the team for the England tour.

It's interesting and depressing to see Matt Henry having a really ordinary season for Canterbury. I hope he hasn't let missing out on the world cup affect his mental state too much.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given the debacle with Karori Park, the fact that their club cricket administrators can't even do a bloody draw properly (in our grade, we've played one team five times yet two other teams we've only played once - for example) and that Wellington prefer to play mediocre imports over mediocre locals, add in the inability to hang onto the young talent that they do have (Brodie, Boam, Austin-Smellie, Mills, Walsh) and they buggered up our first XI wicket for the first half of the season, I'm inclined to fully support your view that there needs to be a complete overhaul of Cricket Wellington.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If that Joon guy actually immigrated then he's a local so it's not actually that bad apart from the fact that he's 32.

Blain

U19 Captain
What's the point of having a Domestic Cricket team in New Zealand, if they don't want to even attempt to develop Black Caps? I know nothing about Joon (might have scored 100 in every club game), but there is just no future planning at all from Wellington cricket, it's like they CBF growing players. Matt McEwan (a solid player) comes from chch and automatically jumps the cue of any fringe Wellington players.. Do they just have 0 talent? I wouldn't think so.