• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shaun Marsh will probably be back by then.
Fair call, but he isn't really an opener :p

More importantly, I don't want Darsh unless he scores some runs on his comeback. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too prone to failure, even if he is arguably the 5th most likely player to score big runs out of those eligible for Australia.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair call, but he isn't really an opener :p
He doesn't need to be to bat three though. I know you were just responding to Burgey's question but I reckon they'll just stick with Doolan until Marsh is back and then make a call then on whether to replace him with Marsh or keep him based on how he's done in that time. I don't think they'd be keen on recycling Hughes or Khawaja again so soon and none of the others even approach being good enough really.

Burgey

Don't reckon I can cop Maddison in there.
Agreed. It shows you how important a gun/ very good number three is. It took until Ponting settled at three for Australia properly replaced Boonie. Until that happened there were these periodic collapses, and that batting side was much stronger than this one. Put simply, until there's a settled, productive number three the batting will always have a fragility to it. One fer isn't a big deal, but two or three fer almost always is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He doesn't need to be to bat three though. I know you were just responding to Burgey's question but I reckon they'll just stick with Doolan until Marsh is back and then make a call then on whether to replace him with Marsh or keep him based on how he's done in that time. I don't think they'd be keen on recycling Hughes or Khawaja again so soon and none of the others even approach being good enough really.
Except Tom Cooper obviously. That would be so awesome.

Spikey

chris rogers
david warner
steve smith
michael clarke
glenn maxwell
mitchell marsh
brad haddin
mitchell johnson
mitchell starc
stephen o'keefe
jon holland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i guess this is urdu, but the intermittent english words amuse me
Haha yeah I laugh at that when I hear Urdu commentary. All the cricketing terms are still in English and sometimes you get a random adjective like 'outstanding' thrown in there.

Last edited:

Burgey

Spikey's side, although stronger for the inclusion of opening bowler Glenn Maxwell, is lacking the quality of noted Test aspirant Arun Finch.

Riggins

International Captain
I'll deny ever thinking it if it happens and fails, but I would actually like to see the big show @ 3 for the next game.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Who's the next best opener on Australia? Must be a shout to come in at three come Brisbane. I'd like to see Doolander do well, but he seems too one dimensional at the top level, though he could well fill his boots against India here if they persist.
Watson :ph34r: