• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
our inability to produce good reverse tang is a massive concern imo, we like to go on about our pace bowling talent but we've barely got it to tang at all

Spark

Global Moderator
our inability to produce good reverse tang is a massive concern imo, we like to go on about our pace bowling talent but we've barely got it to tang at all
I just don't understand what we were doing with our lengths in the first innings. Constantly banging it in short... why?

Spark

Global Moderator
the **** is clarke doing

well that was probably the worst innings i've ever seen clarke play against spin

Flem274*

123/5
I just don't understand what we were doing with our lengths in the first innings. Constantly banging it in short... why?
they've had this tendency for years. remember that patch where mcdermott had to remind them to pitch it up every other game?

though tbf to starc i don't think he can control his length yet. johnson has done ok, but siddle....

dermo

god that was poor from clarke, looked like he was going to get out every ball

i dont see why we persist with sitting back and waiting to see which way its going to turn, get to the pitch of it and dont let it spin

Spark

Global Moderator

i dont see why we persist with sitting back and waiting to see which way its going to turn, get to the pitch of it and dont let it spin
that's why that innings baffled me so much

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no way Clarke is even 50% fit, right? Can't see a player of his quality playing that badly even though he's out of form. Just embarassingly bad innings.

dermo

they've had this tendency for years. remember that patch where mcdermott had to remind them to pitch it up every other game?

though tbf to starc i don't think he can control his length yet. johnson has done ok, but siddle....
at least you can say with starc it's more often a case of over pitching and being driven, rather than banging it in back of a length

OverratedSanity

My theory is his back is awful and he doesn't want to stretch forward at all. Just making excuses for him because I'm a fan, but it's a possibility

Spark

Global Moderator
There's no way Clarke is even 50% fit, right? Can't see a player of his quality playing that badly even though he's out of form. Just embarassingly bad innings.
He looked okay yesterday (though not brilliant by his standards) but yeah, he's not fit. For someone who was one of the most agile players in a top class fielding side when he came in he looks alarmingly like an old man when running around

My theory is his back is awful and he doesn't want to stretch forward at all. Just making excuses for him because I'm a fan, but it's a possibility
Actually now that I think about it he played a really similarly painful innings last year at Mohali when he wasn't on the field because of his back

Burgey

that's why that innings baffled me so much
I think he's cactus. Hasn't moved freely all tour. You can see it when he chases a ball in the field, something he's had to do a lot of.

Nice shot to get off the mark by TPC.

Flem274*

123/5
if his back is getting drastically worse then smashing the indians could be his test farewell, followed by a world cup campaign.

though i guess he would really really want to go to england once more.

dermo

yeah i don't think clarke's 100% either, he'll push on to the next ashes but i wouldn't be surprised to see him hang up the box after that

morgieb

Is it worth Clarke skipping the India series to get his back sorted? Or is it ****ed enough that his only real option is quitting post-Ashes?