• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stupid interview questions

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure that this necessarily has much mileage but I've been sifting through a load of old VHS tapes for any snippets of cricket that I might have recorded and found a bit of an interview between Steve Ryder and Jeff Thomson after the 1999 World Cup. Steve Ryder to Jeff Thomson "Are you a bit disappointed that Australia didn't win with more style?" They had just won by 8 wickets at about 3 O'clock in the afternoon with 30 overs to spare. Jeff Thomson had just replied "I don't know how you can say that.......". He had more to say but my tape cut to the Brookside Omnibus so I don't know the rest of his reply. The berk deserved two black eyes.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
"You must be pleased to have won?", and all derivatives thereof, ought to be banned. Pretty much the most inane question going.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not sure that this necessarily has much mileage but I've been sifting through a load of old VHS tapes for any snippets of cricket that I might have recorded and found a bit of an interview between Steve Ryder and Jeff Thomson after the 1999 World Cup. Steve Ryder to Jeff Thomson "Are you a bit disappointed that Australia didn't win with more style?" They had just won by 8 wickets at about 3 O'clock in the afternoon with 30 overs to spare. Jeff Thomson had just replied "I don't know how you can say that.......". He had more to say but my tape cut to the Brookside Omnibus so I don't know the rest of his reply. The berk deserved two black eyes.
What was happening on Brookside at that point?

Riggins

International Captain
I got asked what 49 x 51 was in an interview the other day. That was pretty stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The worst interview questions are the ones that are not questions at all, just statements by the interviewer followed by shoving the mic to the player/coach.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The worst interview questions are the ones that are not questions at all, just statements by the interviewer followed by shoving the mic to the player/coach.
"You must be happy/disappointed with today's result".

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Did you record that episode?
Unfortunately most of it was left to the imagination. I'd no wish to see him fill it, but all you saw of her was entering the bathroom carrying it. I know she was only being a surrogate mother, but why he didn't just shag her I don't know. It would have been much easier and it wasn't as if the rest of the close hadn't been there already.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Unfortunately most of it was left to the imagination. I'd no wish to see him fill it, but all you saw of her was entering the bathroom carrying it. I know she was only being a surrogate mother, but why he didn't just shag her I don't know. It would have been much easier and it wasn't as if the rest of the close hadn't been there already.
What are your views on Clare Sweeney?

andmark

International Captain
I remember hearing someone on Test Match Special during the Oval Test 2005 ask "Why does Shane Warne bowl slower than everyone else?"