• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in the West Indies

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
West Indies looking strong in second ODI. What makes West Indies stand-out is their natural ability in hitting countless 6s.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, they looked strong early, but they've really fallen off later in their innings. Went from over 25 to 38 I think without a boundary. If they start slogging, they can get to 250-270, but they don't seem inclined to so far. I don't terribly fear the Bangladesh attack, but if D/L comes into play, which apparently is likely, a good first 5-10 overs could be a disaster for the Windies.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah, how's it going, Bangladesh? Ah, you're still bowling 35 overs of flat darts. Welp, you keep doing your thing

BeeGee

International Captain
Poor batting effort by the windies. Bangas with a decent chance if they can just string a couple of good batting partnerships together.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah considering they were 90/1 in 20 overs they really should have racked up a better score. Still, at least the game's fairly even.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
West Indies made a mess of it but still should win considering its Bangladesh despite the good effort by their bowlers plus fielders. West Indies 6 hitting ability is very scary and can turn the game on its head because of that.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Horrendous batting lineup. Every player is playing out of position. Coach Hathur's new favorite boy Imrul Kayes is the worst of 'em all. Mominul is sitting at the bench. Shamsur is playing at no.4? Mushfiq was playing well at no.4, don't know why he is coming at no.5 now. Time to drop Nasir, out of form for a long time now.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great to see Windies doing well, but I do feel bad for the Bangladeshi fans. Such a cricket-loving nation being so embarrassed.

91Jmay

International Coach
Are they ever going to improve? They should have had at least one solid generation by now, at least in white ball cricket.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ireland would be more competitive more consistently, but I think dropping Bangla back down and not promoting another would be the best course of action. Ire/Afgan should improve as they play against better players and Bangladesh can develop players because they aren't getting smashed all the time.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Looking forward to tomorrow's match. Big Windies fan (only test 'nation' in my hemisphere after all), although I had to feel bad for Bangladesh yesterday, even while I wanted Windies to win. Don't understand why WI left Sammy out. He can do magic! Hopefully he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow.
Welcome Ike...don't be afraid to contribute on the other WI threads aswell man.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks. The forum is rather overwhelming.. I'll have to look for the other Windies threads. Should have been following during the CPL, managed to see almost every ball. And loved every minute, except for the end of the Final. Don't know what rules stopped them, but they had good lights, and it had cleared. They easily could have played those last few overs, and created a fair result. I was rooting for Guyana (hard not to root for a team with Narine), but I would have respected Barbados if they had stopped the Warriors after 20 overs. Calling it after 15.5 totally sucked. True, it would have been really tough for the Warriors, but I've seen tougher chases won in T20 (and every format, for that matter).

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Thanks. The forum is rather overwhelming.. I'll have to look for the other Windies threads. Should have been following during the CPL, managed to see almost every ball. And loved every minute, except for the end of the Final. Don't know what rules stopped them, but they had good lights, and it had cleared. They easily could have played those last few overs, and created a fair result. I was rooting for Guyana (hard not to root for a team with Narine), but I would have respected Barbados if they had stopped the Warriors after 20 overs. Calling it after 15.5 totally sucked. True, it would have been really tough for the Warriors, but I've seen tougher chases won in T20 (and every format, for that matter).
Yeah at first the forum can be like that but stick at it and you'll soon get comfortable. Wi has a lot of cricket coming up over the next nine months or so so from our perspective there should be a lot to talk about :cool: .

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes indeed. After this series and the Champions we have tours of India and South Africa, then the WC! Great time for cricket.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I don't understand Bangladesh. They can't even win 1 game against a full member this year then doesn't this prove they should be playing more with associates if they seriously want to stand a chance of winning? problem with Bangladesh Cricket is that they have an extremely poor cricketing infrastructure, a lot of their players do not look like they have serious interest in the sport and many of them behave unprofessionally. Which is why they will never break into the top 8 until these things changes. Funny their women's and under-19 teams are very competitive but the men's are a bunch of p****** and they yet call themselves as the Tigers :laugh:

3rd ODI Prediction: I predict they will do much much better this time around but the result still the same unless the Windies are complacent since its a dead-rubber.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cricinfo preview says Russel may replace Holder. Can't put much trust in their previews, but I think this would be a mistake. Holder has played adequately and has a ton of potential.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Holder kept. good. Sammy added. good. WI 13-2 in the PP. bad. :(

Oops... 10 overs in ODI PP. Still learning! :)

Last edited: