• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silent Auction Draft

watson

Banned
Every player who has played 10+ tests, plus every player that's played under 10 tests yet is still widely known among cricket fans (my discretion).

I have every player who's played tests in the randomiser. I post the first 12 it selects providing they have played ten tests or they're reasonably well known. If one/more don't, I move down the order until I have the 12. There are 1174 cricketers who have played 10+ tests.
It must have been some task to cut n' paste 2753 names into the Randomiser - if that's how you did it.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I have this fear that I'm going to underbid on everyone and get stuck with Marmadoola.

10 million on Ray Price IMO. No regrets.

Camo999

State 12th Man
What an interesting mix of players. Will be delighted with pretty much any of them with exception, as Dan alludes to of 'Marmadoola'. Damn, regretting now not going all in on Jr Murray. West Indies have never really recovered after they dropped him for Courtney Browne. Looking fwd to seeing the results...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It must have been some task to cut n' paste 2753 names into the Randomiser - if that's how you did it.
List of Test cricketers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got them from there ^, and pasted them into a word document. The biggest pain in the arse was formatting them onto individual lines so the randomizer would do its thing. Took about two hours of my (work) day.

If anyone needs the name of every test cricketer in a Word Document on a single line each, I'd be happy to email it to you :)

watson

Banned
List of Test cricketers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got them from there ^, and pasted them into a word document. The biggest pain in the arse was formatting them onto individual lines so the randomizer would do its thing. Took about two hours of my (work) day.

If anyone needs the name of every test cricketer in a Word Document on a single line each, I'd be happy to email it to you :)
Two hours? And the rest.

Awesome effort Monk!

Red

Ta mate. Just need weeman to send his to me and we're good to go. One way or another I'lll post results lunchtime tomorrow....

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Monk, was my bid in conformation with the rules? Did in hurry, so please let me know if it's not.

Last edited:

Red

Monk, was my bid in conformation with the rules? Did in hurry, so please let me know if it's not.
Absolutely. Remember you can bid on every player if you want. If you don't, and you don't get the ones you did bid on, you'll get a leftover random.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Really have no clue what i'm doing here. Expecting to flop massively for a few rounds until i get the hang of this

weeman27bob

International Regular
It might be in a spam folder because I sent it from a proxy email.

I'll whack another copy your way from a proper email address.

Sorry for the hold up, but I was asleep when you posted that you hadn't got it.

Red

It might be in a spam folder because I sent it from a proxy email.

I'll whack another copy your way from a proper email address.

Sorry for the hold up, but I was asleep when you posted that you hadn't got it.
Got it, cheers! Will post results tomorrow.

Red

Ok, got all emails in and all results. Here is who got who....

ohnoitsyou- Greg Chappell: $ 3,210,000

ankit- Frank Woolley: $ 2,000,000

Samuel Vimes- Merv Hughes: $ 1,900,000

Cammo- Junior Murray: $ 1,100,046

Dan- Colin Milburn: $600,000

Weeman- Kiran More: $254,500

morgieb- Ray Price: $70,000

kyear2- Brian Strang: $1000

Please feel free to check and make sure I haven't ****ed anything up.

- If you could please bid on every player that is offered, even if it is only $1. That means I don't have to decide a random amount if you don't get someone you've bid on and I have to allocate an amount to the player you get randomised.

- If you can keep tabs on how much $$ you spend/have left, that'll make my life easier!

Last edited:

Red

Round 2

Rod Marsh

Tony Macgibbon

Pramodya Wickramasinghe

Jeff Dujon

Sikander Bakht

Charlie Macartney

Nip Pellew

Vijay Hazare

Victor Trumper

John (JJ) Lyons

Norm O'Neill

Kenny Benjamin

Bit of a mixed bag here. Couple of quality keepers, and a few decent batting options. Very light on bowling options so far. But that's the nature of the randomiser gods.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Prices were way higher than I was expecting, yeah. 1.9mil for Merv, and 1.1mil for Junior Murray? What is this, the IPL?

Happy with Milburn at 600k though. Got a bargain there IMO.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
No regrets on Chappell, except maybe shaving of 500k. Chances are Chappell is going to be one of the 3-4 elite batsmen in this.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps, but give me 6 decent batsman ahead of Chappell + Imrul Kayes and co. every day :p

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
True, but even with a substantially bigger remaining budget you're just as likely to get left with a few randoms as me.

Just waiting for bradman to turn up round 13...