• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies vs NZ spreadsheet challenge

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hurricane quite similar to the Plunket Shield. Puts a bit of an overemphasis on the engine room.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You're right kippax

And Heefness I am just winding you up because it is my wont. Congratulations and that is some seriously good picking.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am thinking of disqualifying you:ph34r:

On a serious note - no one could have predicted the winning team as closely as you did .
I just thought there was more net gain to be had from picking up the guys with lower scores - or, in fact, zeroes. Especially those who were set to play.

I must confess that I hadn't seen anyone else's line-up at the time and thought I'd got the complete wrong end of the stick.

Unlike the BBL Draft where I'm having a bit of a troll.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hurricane probably hoping for DIY bean-counting, itbt.

I'll contribute four final tallies, for now.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Optimum XI?

Latham 0
Brathwaite 0
Williamson 133
Chanderpaul 381
Blackwood 0
Neesham 1452 (Gayle, to put the team <1500 points)
Watling 140
Craig 0
Shillingford 109
Southee 149
Roach 165

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So harsh on Boult there.

Also screw you Powell and Baz for being utterly useless. Shilly so h4x though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for doing all the scoring Kippax.

I think it has been fun and has given us something to talk about. May make an ashes version for the next time those countries bump heads.

Any improvements you would like to see to the spreadsheet Kippax for next time?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I think Shillingford getting almost as many batting points as Williamson has to be looked at. I still want to see big points for someone like Heef though, who was ballsy enough to pick Brathwaite, when he wasn't in the first Test XI. I'd like to see smokies like that encouraged, so I wouldn't want it hugely weighted towards runs aggregate for the top 6. Maybe for the lower order it should be more aggregate-weighted.

I think Wagner, Boult and Sodhi getting zero was unfair, so we need to bring that 10-wicket cut-off down a bit.