• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously not, he has bowled some wonderful spells at the start of his career, his stats do not reflect that, he has been unlucky. Then came the time, when he was bowling horribly, technical issues in his actions,etc. when should have been dropped but he wasn't. A bit of break could have done a world of good to him, but the management decided to stick with him. He has done well in the last couple of series and earned his place in this side. But yes, there was this long period where he could have solved the issues he was having with his bowling, but he was given repeated opportunities. I think his record would have been much better if he could have got a couple of breaks when he was not doing well.
You're doing it all wrong. How are we supposed to like you if you keep defending Binny and Ishant? :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Obviously not, he has bowled some wonderful spells at the start of his career, his stats do not reflect that, he has been unlucky. Then came the time, when he was bowling horribly, technical issues in his actions,etc. when should have been dropped but he wasn't. A bit of break could have done a world of good to him, but the management decided to stick with him. He has done well in the last couple of series and earned his place in this side. But yes, there was this long period where he could have solved the issues he was having with his bowling, but he was given repeated opportunities. I think his record would have been much better if he could have got a couple of breaks when he was not doing well.
In 99% of cases this means he bowled too short. Which means he wasn't unlucky at all.

viriya

International Captain
Bell to captain.. Ali to open.. Jordan to replace Cook.. All of England's problems solved..

^ this would've sounded better before Bell and Ali threw their wickets away tbf...

Daemon

Get ready for the "England need KP" brigade to come out in force tonight. Eugh.
:laugh:

I legitimately haven't seen a poster as obsessed with a player as you and KP. Maybe Jono and Kohli or Jassy and Sanga come close but you're definitely up there. :p

King Pietersen

International Captain
Haha, I wouldn't say obsessed, well, maybe I used to be, but definitely not anymore. Still love watching him play, but the talk that he'd improve this batting line-up is laughable. He's in worse form than Cook ATM, and that's saying something.

Daemon

Haha, I wouldn't say obsessed, well, maybe I used to be, but definitely not anymore. Still love watching him play, but the talk that he'd improve this batting line-up is laughable. He's in worse form than Cook ATM, and that's saying something.
It was you in the IPL thread that kept bringing him up wasn't it?