• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why would you want to be a bowler?

FRAZ

International Captain
iamdavid said:
You mean he's 130's now or he will touch 130's.
I f you are not taunting then what I was saying that he is a quick bowler and he can bowl even faster when he is a grown up .

iamdavid

International Debutant
It was a legitimate friendly question , no need to get all up tight over it.

Just wondering what you mean , as Deeps is 17 & can apparently bowl at 142kph.

FRAZ

International Captain
iamdavid said:

i AM SORRY DAVID . hOPE YOU ACCEPT IT .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:

People overrate the speeds of young bowlers.
If there are suddenly so many bowlers who can bowl at speeds Shoaib, Tyson and the like couldn't at the same age, it's a bit of a coincidence, methinks.
Sometimes I think people are telling porkipies about their speeds too.:saint:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Brett Lee at 17 years of age was around 135 so if what Deeps says is true he is likely the quickest 17 year old ever.

But its complete BS so anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
I think when English board and some other countries saw that they are not men enough to produce quality Express bowlers then they put sanctions on bouncers .
Or perhaps it had more to do with the increased danger of injury to batsmen, the boring games that ensued and the slow over rates that were dragging the game towards its death?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
iamdavid said:
:O :O :O :O
Please explain
And please tell us your real name, seeing as searching for people born on your birthday, there's 4 FC Cricketers, and none of them match your story.

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And please tell us your real name, seeing as searching for people born on your birthday, there's 4 FC Cricketers, and none of them match your story.
1997/98 - 1999/00)
M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 7 10 3 65 31 9.28 0 0 3 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 157.2 26 519 15 34.60 3-27 0 0 62.9 3.29
Thats all I can explain

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
I understand where you are coming from, and agree, we are seeing more runs being scored lately than ever.

However I still think there is nothing sweeter in the game of cricket then clean bowling a batsman. No better feeling. :)
watching someone get out hit wicket off your bowling and then laughing at them is always fun.:D

FRAZ

International Captain
iamdavid said:
And your name is ..........
THATS PRIVATE . What point you wanna prove. I cant tell my name right now . Its private. But as far as your previous post is concerned , I saw the laughing icons which were in your signature, I thought those were in your post , So thought you are dissing me and also you are australian , Who are quite taunty (dont mind)and I was in the office and suddenly phone rang , I was listening and in the mean time I wrote the reply . So any ways Its not a big deal to play first class cricket in the country where I was raised . Cuz there people have lots of free time to do different activities . But my cousin is an international hockey player , names Wasim ahmed , right now he is in the team. So may be you got it that where I am from , And as far as this age thing you are saying , I dont know if its the same or not in my records are , I didnt want to tell that thing cuz I know you guys are gonna diss the hell out of me and my previous country that may be I cheated to play U19 . But it was normal there. But not on international level .

iamdavid

International Debutant
:O

No.

I wasnt meaning any offence or dissing you or anything , I just thought it interesting that we have someone who may have played at FC level on the boards & I was interested in checking your profile on Cricinfo , thats all.

BTW how does me being an aussie have anything to do with anything.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
Thats all I can explain
And that is enough - the D.O.B. being different to your profile is a little strange though, seeing there's no mention of any age-cricket there, and there's only 32 days difference, which would affect your qualification for any age competition anyway!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Brett Lee at 17 years of age was around 135 so if what Deeps says is true he is likely the quickest 17 year old ever.

But its complete BS so anyway.
Yeah, it is - reliable speedsters were only invented in 1998.