• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I also wonder if Harris, Johnson, Rogers and Haddin manage to maintain their form/bodies until mid-2015
My guess (and I hope this is wrong) is that Harris will retire from age/injury and Haddin will be dropped on form before then.

Team will probably be something like

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Watson
*NO IDEA*
Wade (FUUUUU)
Johnson
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon

Edit: Or Hughes at 3 and everybody else down one.

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Why is there an Ashes series in England just two years after the last one?

Soon, world cricket will be reduced to just the Ashes and the IPL.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Agree ashes in England shouldn't be until 2017....used to be nice waiting 4 years for it as players developed

now Eng 2013, Aus 2013-14, Eng 2015....with India in between as many times as possible....getting boring :(

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Agree ashes in England shouldn't be until 2017....used to be nice waiting 4 years for it as players developed

now Eng 2013, Aus 2013-14, Eng 2015....with India in between as many times as possible....getting boring :(
And South Africa, which has beaten England and Australia away in both the last two series, keeps getting 3-match series.

That is also probably CSA's fault, they should at least offer Aus a 4-match series next time they come to SA.

Spark

Global Moderator
And South Africa, which has beaten England and Australia away in both the last two series, keeps getting 3-match series.

That is also probably CSA's fault, they should at least offer Aus a 4-match series next time they come to SA.
I think this is being discussed at the very least

EDIT: Doubt Cummins will be ready tbh.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah, at least if there was a longer gap then the old gits in your team would have retired by then. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now that it's back to BAU with England dominating cricket matches like there's no tomorrow, I imagine the Aussies are bricking it.

I wouldn't expect too many changes of our current side, injuries aside, for the first Ashes Test. Basically

Cook
???
Ballance
Bell
Root
Ali
Buttler
???
Broad
???
Anderson

Basically Robson is on thin ice though the relative lack of Tests between now and then makes it hard to see many alternatives save bringing back someone like Compton/Carberry (or ****ing with Root and my word they best not)

Woakes, Stokes, Plunkett, Jordan and maybe Bresnan if he stays fit and in form can fight for the other two spots.

Couldn't give a **** who is in the crim side I just hope Johnson has remembered that he's not meant to be a good bowler by then

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia have 6 Tests between now and then with the last finishing in the first week of Jan. That's a pretty big gap

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Aus-

Rogers
Warner
Finch (it'll happen)
Clarke
Smith
Doran (and I'll have a slab to drink)
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Cummins
Lyon

Howe_zat

Audio File
An interesting option for opening could well be Alex Hales. There's something about having the sides in different formats drawing closer together that I find comforting, something vaguely to do with having all-around good cricketers no doubt

But with my reasonable cap on I'd rather we not continue through the county game's openers at a rate of knots like we have been doing.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll say the guarantees for us:

Warner
???
???
Clarke
Smith
Watson
???
Johnson
???
???
Lyon

Rogers, Haddin and Harris are all retirement possibilities. #3 will be a lottery. Hard to know whether Patto can be conclusively one of our best 3 quicks, plus Siddle just feels like he's declining IMO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd really rather we didn't have Steven Finn. He's not taller than Stuart Broad and he doesn't bowl any faster than James Anderson, but every time his matches haven't been on Sky for a while he seems to magically become a lethal paceman again

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Finn is most certainly a fair bit quicker than both Broad and Anderson when he is used in short sharp bursts, which will be possible providing England stick with a five man attack.

Cook
<opener>
Ballance
Bell
Root
Ali
Buttler
Stokes
Broad
Anderson
Finn