• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your ALL TIME WORLD XI TEAM for tests?

Gob

International Coach
Always find it weird that people ignore how much Murali played against Bang and Zim, and how his bullying of them influenced his stats
Without minnows

Warne 691 at 25.40 S/R 57.6
Murali 624 at 24.87 S/R 58.6

There's nothing in there. I think Murali at his peak (2006) was more dangerous than Warne at any point but Warne was over the course of his career is slightly ahead as an overall package. Either way I have them as equals overall

Gob

International Coach
no one is saying that averages are the sole criteria

another important criteria: Miller and Imran would make my ATG team because just imagine the caliber and quantity of women they would attract to the team's functions. Kapil would just scare them away.
2256.png
Come on that's one ***y man right there

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah, can't agree with you on that one I'm afraid

However I don't doubt that he would do very well in certain circumstances and with certain crowds

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

another important criteria: Miller and Imran would make my ATG team because just imagine the caliber and quantity of women they would attract to the team's functions. Kapil would just scare them away.
Broady and Anderson need to play then, they're dreamboats, and obviously Ali Cook.

TheJediBrah

Broady and Anderson need to play then, they're dreamboats, and obviously Ali Cook.
They would be close, but those 3 still fall a bit short on the cricketing side of things. Cook was the only cricketer my mrs used to know. Very handsome man. Ruins it a bit when he talks though.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Ignoring that this is a stupid metric to judge him on, and clearly you've chosen it because it's the only one that favours your guy, but even then it's barely a difference. Miller took 3 wkts a match and kapil took 3.3. Even the irrelevant cherry picked stat you chose barely supports your contention
I never said Kapil is an ATG bowler. Also Kapil reached 240 wickets from 60 tests.. That is 4 wpm, Despite playing in poor bowling conditions with poor support.. And he played few more years past his sell by date.

A poor WPM can never be classified as a cherry picking stat, because wicket taking is the primary duty of a bowler.
In fact, you are the one making arguments based on cherry picked stats. Your entire argument is based on Miller's bowling avg, which is ATG category. WPM is equally important and it is poor.
Considering everything he is ATVG.

Donald, Waqar, Holding.. Etc are ATGs but no one bring their names to AT 11 discussions, still everyone knows they are comfortably better than Miller.. Because he is not one.

TheJediBrah

A poor WPM can never be classified as a cherry picking stat, because wicket taking is the primary duty of a bowler.
No because it's entirely dependent on how much they are needed to bowl. Of course Kapil is going to bowl more for an Indian team with no good fast bowlers than Miller is for Australia. It's a meaningless stat when comparing those 2 and clearly the one you picked because it's the only one that favours your guy.
Donald, Waqar, Holding.. Etc are ATGs but no one bring their names to AT 11 discussions, still everyone knows they are comfortably better than Miller.. Because he is not one.
That's because Miller is an all-rounder. Dumb comment.

Gob

International Coach
I never said Kapil is an ATG bowler. Also Kapil reached 240 wickets from 60 tests.. That is 4 wpm, Despite playing in poor bowling conditions with poor support.. And he played few more years past his sell by date.

In fact, you are the one making arguments based on cherry picked stats. Your entire argument is based on Miller's bowling avg, which is ATG category. WPM is equally important and it is poor.
Considering everything he is ATVG.

Are we talking about a Miller of the Colin variety?

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
No because it's entirely dependent on how much they are needed to bowl. Of course Kapil is going to bowl more for an Indian team with no good fast bowlers than Miller is for Australia. It's a meaningless stat when comparing those 2 and clearly the one you picked because it's the only one that favours your guy.
More workload can affect your Bat / Ball stats. Miller is Lucky.

That's because Miller is an all-rounder. Dumb comment.
What?

TheJediBrah

More workload can affect your Bat / Ball stats. Miller is Lucky.
Not by that much. Miller had games where he led the attack and bowled more and he did very well. Pretty sure he averaged better the more he bowled in an innings so in his case more workload didn't hurt his bowling at all. You're pulling all this out of your a**.
Wpm matters, a little bit, but it's no where near as relevatn as average, or strike rate.

Burgey

Disagree TBH, think he was fast, lethal and good, behind Marshall and Garner for me, but in the end the proliferation of all-time greats the windies had made them so very good.
Yeah, he was exceptionally fast of course, and I don’t doubt he suffers in comparison with some of his team mates, which effects how I rate him. I saw a lot of him, as I’m sure you did, and he was awesome, I just think he’s a tad shy of the blokes you named, Ambrose and even Roberts. All things are relative though.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

All the best to be not a mere spectator in those parties when Miller and Imran have their cake and eat it too.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It all depends really, I think if it's absolute dross, it probably doesn't help, but people seem to forget Murali had Vaas for much of his career, and he was probably one of the top-5 left-armers in the game,
1 Wasim
2 Davidson
3 Bill Johnston
4 Reid
5 Wagner
6 Mitchell Johnson
7 Voce

Boult and Starc might've surpassed Vaas too.