• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for the delay. Crashed after work.

03. Kumar Sangakkara
04. Greg Chappell
05. Clive Lloyd
06. Sourav Ganguly
08. Malcolm Marshall
10. William O'Reilly
11. Colin Croft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was amazed that Mark Waugh took so long to get picked. Interesting dilemma you have Watson, trying to work out where Waugh should bat in the short formats

watson

Banned
I was amazed that Mark Waugh took so long to get picked. Interesting dilemma you have Watson, trying to work out where Waugh should bat in the short formats
Would be nice to open the batting with Waugh in the short formats because he typically opened. However, Greenidge and Smith need to stay where they are because they don't appear to be as adaptable. Realistically Waugh can bat anyway in the top 5 as his stats suggest;

HowSTAT! Player Analysis by Batting Position (ODI)

Or long story short - I'm not going to not pick Waugh just because I can't pigeon hole him into an opening spot.

Last edited:

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
I really wanted Junior.

One of my fav cricketers but the issue was that only. If I took him I had to open with him in shorter formats and get another opener for the tests which was kinda tricky. I couldn't even have him at three down in the shorter formats because I already had Lara. But yeah, good pick, Watson!

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
True. Brilliant LOI player he was. Excellent opener, in fact his opening partnership with Gilly is my favourite opening partnerships in all of LOIs. Top quality fielder and a useful bowler so a perfect package to have in the team.

I guess what might be the issue for some, at least I have found that tricky, is getting players who open in LOIs and not in tests. Sachin, Gilly, him etc fall in that category and it's tough balance that. Either you find someone who will open in tests and come down the order in LOIs, which isn't easy or push one of the down the order in LOIs which is what watson will do I guess. Even Sachin for example has played at 4 in LOIs but he never gave his best there and his peak (1996-2003) came as an opener.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Yeah I have that said dilema. Not that im complaining seeing as I have the second greatest odi batsman ever, but it has made my strategy a lot more confusing

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Stan McCabe

TestODIT20
-
Charlie Macartney
Stan McCabe
Kevin Pietersen
-
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist +
-
-
Fred Trueman
Dennis Lillee
Adam Gilchrist +
Charlie Macartney
Stan McCabe
Kevin Pietersen
-
Andrew Flintoff
-
-
-
Fred Trueman
Dennis Lillee
Adam Gilchrist +
Charlie Macartney
Stan McCabe
Kevin Pietersen
-
Andrew Flintoff
-
-
-
Fred Trueman
Dennis Lillee

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I really wanted Junior.

One of my fav cricketers but the issue was that only. If I took him I had to open with him in shorter formats and get another opener for the tests which was kinda tricky. I couldn't even have him at three down in the shorter formats because I already had Lara. But yeah, good pick, Watson!
True. Brilliant LOI player he was. Excellent opener, in fact his opening partnership with Gilly is my favourite opening partnerships in all of LOIs. Top quality fielder and a useful bowler so a perfect package to have in the team.

I guess what might be the issue for some, at least I have found that tricky, is getting players who open in LOIs and not in tests. Sachin, Gilly, him etc fall in that category and it's tough balance that. Either you find someone who will open in tests and come down the order in LOIs, which isn't easy or push one of the down the order in LOIs which is what watson will do I guess. Even Sachin for example has played at 4 in LOIs but he never gave his best there and his peak (1996-2003) came as an opener.
Good point guys. Its the opposite issue to what drafter, Watson faces now. I probably would have tried to find a quality number 3 who had the potential to open just so I could get Waugh, but I can now see why others would just pick 2 openers for all 3 formats.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Might complete my bowling attack. They win you matches, batsmen just set them up :ph34r:

Chaminda Vaas

With the ability of Johnson and Procter to blast out the opposition, a steady line-and-length movement bowler should gel with them perfectly. He's great in Tests, arguably an ODI ATG, and very useful in T20, plus can bat.
Not to mention he'll be partnering Murali, and we all know how those two went together - Sri Lanka's answer to McWarne.

Dan Announcements (All Formats XI)
1. Marcus Trescothick
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. AB de Villiers +
6. -
7. Mike Procter
8. Dan Vettori *
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Chaminda Vaas
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Howe_zat

Audio File
Code:
5-day		50-over		20-over

Warner		Warner		Warner
Gayle		Gayle		Gayle
		McCullum
Taylor		
		Taylor		Taylor
		McCullum	
McCullum

Ajmal		Ajmal		Ajmal
Malinga		Malinga		Malinga
McGrath		McGrath		McGrath

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am going to complete my pace attack with Courtney Walsh.

Expialidocious XI

Tests
-
-
Sir Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson
-
-
Dale Steyn
Sir Andy Roberts
Courtney Walsh

Limited Overs
-
Shane Watson
Sir Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Michael Clarke
-
-
-
Dale Steyn
Sir Andy Roberts
Courtney Walsh

Last edited:

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
I hate you right now, Kopite!
Sorry Harsh!

Needed Yuvi desperately.

He was my alternative for Symonds/Cairns/Klusener as a finisher who can accelerate. Wanted him last round itself but took a risk hoping he would stay and ****ing glad he did.