• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Strangely enough, I don't watch much cricket on TV unless I'm home and there's a Test match on, or important limited over game. Given the choice I prefer to read, and because more is written in cricket lore about the likes of Barnes, Hobbs, and Bradman than the current players, I tend to know more about them. Just started 'WGs Birthday Party' btw. I guess it's a time management thing. After working, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, smacking the kids into bed, catching up with family and friends etc there's not much time left over. Fortunately I have a job where it's easy to sneak-in CW posts on my PC. But please don't tell my Manager. I would like to go to the SCG/Homebush more, but tickets aren't cheap.
When was the last time you made an assessment on a Cricketer using your eyes?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finally. This is the guy I was mentioning earlier, incredibly surprised he'staken so long to be picked. Beast in all 3 formats
Yeah I figured you were assuming Hussey but it got me thinking whether people consider Huss or this other guy (who has yet to be named) as the better Cricketer across 3 formats.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Yeah I figured you were assuming Hussey but it got me thinking whether people consider Huss or this other guy (who has yet to be named) as the better Cricketer across 3 formats.
Imo other guy is a better player, but can't compete with Hussey in T20s

watson

Banned
When was the last time you made an assessment on a Cricketer using your eyes?
'From the Ashes' about 3 weeks ago. It's a cleverly made documentary about Botham's 1981 series. I highly recommend it. Apart from that, the recent 5-0 thrashing of England. I closely followed the recent tour of South Africa by Clarke's team, but saw no footage as I don't have Fox, or whatever Pay TV you need.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a tough life when following a tour means cricinfo, not skysports. I sympathize; was stuck in the same rut for a few years.

uvelocity

International Coach
i mean the telegram burgey recieved about australia beating england for the first time arrived on the same boat as the players

Howe_zat

Audio File
cheers to harsh for keeping up appearances while I forgot about this

ftr it's not the first week-old thing I've absent-mindedly abandoned

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
DV.

Don't think there's a whole load of reasoning necessary. Quality left-arm spinner to partner Murali in more of a 'holding' role for Test cricket, comes into his own as a gun limited overs spinner (T20i economy of less than 6), and is statistically the best Test #8 batsman of all time. Plus he's still a gun T20 bowler while on one leg and with a spine that no longer works as well as it once did. And he can captain or coach. Plus he shares my name and is similarly bespectacled. WAFG.

Dan Announcements:
5. AB de Villiers +
7. Mike Procter
8. Dan Vettori
11. Muttiah Muralitharan