• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate how this **** is literally shoved down our throats. Going to have to watch it just because there isn't any other cricket going on.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand - why does the strategic time-out exist? They got a drink and they didn't force any ads in; I don't see the point.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I don't understand - why does the strategic time-out exist? They got a drink and they didn't force any ads in; I don't see the point.
They're still persisting with that ****? Not watched the IPL for years. They still persisting with calling sixes DLF Maximums as well?

Shri

Mr. Glass
This was the reason why I was hyping up Suryakumar Yadav last year.

Doesn't hit a lot of sixes but is still aggressive and hits 4s in a flurry when he wants to.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mumbai batting line up looks empty without Tendulkar's name in there. Sharma, Hussey, Anderson and Pollard the only big names. And only 2 of them are consistent. Weaker XI compared to last year.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And why the **** would you have Morne Morkel in a T20 side? Digs it in and it will get up to chest height at best in India later in the tournament and he will be fodder for the batsmen really.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weaker despite Sachin and Ponting scoring about half a run between them last year?

Morkel's an absolute gun on his day in T20 too.

Shri

Mr. Glass
You can't write off legends against Indian club level pie chuckers in small grounds. Sachin didn't look out of it last time, he just...kept getting out. Morkel will fail more often than not in Indian pitches. Not a test match for him to take his time to sort his line and length out, he will get smashed really bad if he isn't in a purple patch.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morkel's been in the IPL since forever and takes his wickets at ~19s and goes for ~7.5rpo. That's absolutely fine.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Morkel's been in the IPL since forever and takes his wickets at ~19s and goes for ~7.5rpo. That's absolutely fine.
Looks like I was wrong. Didn't know his stats were that good. But he has done nothing that stands out in my memory so far. Probably a great support bowler but nothing much other than that.