• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic off season 2014.

Andre

International Regular
I may be reading too far into it but seems like their ain't a lot of love between Chuck Berry and Maxie Klinger, especially since he lost the captaincy? He's held in pretty high regard as a leader everywhere but SA it seems.

That aside, his one day form is still outstanding, he hasn't made huge FC runs in Australia for a few summers now which probably cost him a Test cap.

Andre

International Regular
Yep starting to make more sense now.

Pretty dumb move from the SACA, only bloke to make steady runs since Blewett/Lehmann and he's not good enough for FC side?

What happened to making blokes earn their stripes?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, I could understand it, but not support it, if it wasn't for the fact that they signed Cosgrove. Obviously Fatty Fat Fat is bit younger, but still. It looks like (x) just really wanted Klinger out

brockley

International Captain
Darren Berry @Chucksaca
" There are only 2 options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out There's no such thing as life in-between - how appropriate!

Spikey

i knew tas would be in trouble but you can at least re-sign a couple of players!

SeamUp

International Coach
Not sure if I am blind or not but I'm sure I see Silks name on the list but not Hilfy for Tas ?

Spikey

Brent Costelloe ‏@brentcostelloe 2h
.@dmarsh0404 confirms that Ed Cowan is considering an offer to join @CricketNSWBlues. @crickettas will need a decision by Monday at latest.

is it coming with a sydney sixers contract?????

ps

Andrew Dunford ‏@abdunford 18h
@ajarrodkimber @danbrettig M Klinger, first-class matches in Aus, last 4 seasons: 71 inn 3 no 2154 runs avg 31.67, 4x100 9x50. Compelling?

Jarrod Kimber ‏@ajarrodkimber 18h
@abdunford seems like a good enough reason to just get rid of him, no? Assume ODi scores are better though @danbrettig

Daniel Brettig ‏@danbrettig 17h
@ajarrodkimber @abdunford as Michael Clarke said on Doolan/Marsh, pitches make it tough to use stats from Shield seasons before 2013-14

Ed Cowan ‏@eddiecowan 16h
@danbrettig @ajarrodkimber @abdunford same volume of runs this year as last 4 by top 6 batsman...

Justin Lemmon ‏@JustinLemmon1 16h
@eddiecowan @danbrettig @ajarrodkimber @abdunford Don't see how that applies to Klinger, Ed? Relatively consistent numbers

Ed Cowan ‏@eddiecowan 7h
@JustinLemmon1 it was a wider response to dan's comment. Regardless of perception of better wickets, same amount of runs scored..