• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Smith to retire from international cricket

Furball

Evil Scotsman
With all due respect Furball, as you didn't watch cricket in the 90s you seriously cannot make comments like that. Crazy talk.

Dravid didn't do it often enough against Warne and McGrath for mine to even compare his record against Australia with Tendulkar. One knock of significance against them. None in Australia.
**** me, I caught the big fish.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's why Dravid > Tendulkar. The latter bolstered his stats with pretty, albeit entirely useless knocks like the one at Sydney 2004.
Nah he had the brilliant match winning innings like Dravid but also has plenty of boring ones. People just choose to remember Sydney 2004 instead of Chennai 1998

And in what world is the Sydney double hundred pretty? It was uglier than most Chanders tons

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah he had the brilliant match winning innings like Dravid but also has plenty of boring ones. People just choose to remember Sydney 2004 instead of Chennai 1998

And in what world is the Sydney double hundred pretty? It was uglier than most Chanders tons
I apologise, you seem to have taken my post seriously.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
How about some discussion on Graeme Smith...You know, the person who has just retired.

Get back on track.

brockley

International Captain
Question is his future,heard he will only play 4 dayers for Surrey,in 2018 he qulaifies for Ireland,world cup in 2018 never say never.

paulted

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good Captaincy is all about making do with the talent you've got. Good a player and Captain that Steve Waugh was, he was blessed with a team of astonishing talent that anyone could have captained. Around the same time Stephen Fleming did wonders with a decidedly average team that punched above their weight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
surely AB would top Smith, even on the criteria which would most favour him
No doubt along with being the best batsman in test cricket history AB de Villiers will soon be the best captain in the history of test cricket, but I think its too early to make that call.