• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 Carib Beer Cup

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't seen any video footage of him this season thus far, but I've seen still images in the paper and on the web. He seems in shape. All reports say that he's been extremely hostile.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kenya has been EXTREMELY disappointing thus far.

Day 2 Kenya v Jamaica at St. Georges, Grenada.

A dramatic collapse saw Kenya lose five wickets for no runs as the score depreciated from 302/5 to 302 all out and Jamaica fought their way back into their fourth round matchup. In the unusual innings Jamaica used eight bowlers including Brenton Parchment, who took his first two FC wickets [2/1] having bowled only 2.1 overs preceding this match.

Earlier in the day Kenya batted very impressively, with nigh****chman Martin Suji adding 126 runs with Otieno for the third wicket. He ultimately perished to Richardson for 59 and his replacement Tikolo scored a good 63 until he fell to the same bowler. Andrew Richardson ended with 5/42. Kennedy Otieno went on to score a fine 104 before Bernard had him caught behind.

Facing just one over before the close, Jamaica survived for no runs.

Kenya 1st innings 302 ao [134 overs]
[Kennedy Otieno 104, Steve Tikolo 63, Martin Suji 59]
[Andrew Richardson 5/42, Brenton Parchment 2/1]

Jamaica 1st innings 0/0 [1 over]

Full Carib Cup Roundup

Craig

World Traveller
My eyes must be playing up on me, as I thought I read the other day having 15 wickets....

Mr Mxyzptlk

I wouldn't get too excited about Nurse yet. Until he follows that up with something substantial I'll attribute it to bad pitch, bad batting.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Some encouraging performances over the weekend. A big ton for Devon Smith, unbeaten 50 and a couple of wickets for Bravo, Tino continuing to run riot (I hope all these 3 start against England) and Andrew Richardson in the wickets again. Also, more evidence of Deonarine getting back to form.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Mr Mxyzptlk

garage flower said:
Some encouraging performances over the weekend. A big ton for Devon Smith, unbeaten 50 and a couple of wickets for Bravo, Tino continuing to run riot (I hope all these 3 start against England) and Andrew Richardson in the wickets again. Also, more evidence of Deonarine getting back to form.
CH Gayle
DS Smith
RR Sarwan
BC Lara *
DDJ Bravo
S Chanderpaul
RD Jacobs +
D Mohammed
M Dillon
TL Best - can hold a bat
CD Collymore

...is potentially a fair bit better than...

CH Gayle
D Ganga
RR Sarwan
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
DR Smith
RD Jacobs
VC Drakes
M Dillon
A Sanford
CD Collymore - unfit

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CH Gayle
DS Smith
RR Sarwan
BC Lara *
DDJ Bravo
S Chanderpaul
RD Jacobs +
D Mohammed
M Dillon
TL Best - can hold a bat
CD Collymore

...is potentially a fair bit better than...

CH Gayle
D Ganga
RR Sarwan
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
DR Smith
RD Jacobs
VC Drakes
M Dillon
A Sanford
CD Collymore - unfit
Definitely and I'd agree with your team entirely. I picked a slightly different XI after the SAF series, but you talked me into Mohammed ahead of McGarrell and Best has clearly earned his place ahead of Taylor.