• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh, thought you were dead for a while. What with few posts during a Kohli innings.
I made my post that Kohli would win India the game, and he has. Nothing really more needs to be said about this match - fairly drab.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bangladesh lost intensity way too quickly during this chase. Basically they didn't get Kohli or Rahane early, the dew came and they went "nah cbf"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh lost intensity way too quickly during this chase. Basically they didn't get Kohli or Rahane early, the dew came and they went "nah cbf"
I think Ziaur is absolutely dire cricketer but the decision to take him off when his bowling so well still seems really odd to me. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to get as many overs of spin in before the dew came as possible.

Jassy

Banned
Sanga is not fit to tie Kohli's shoe laces as an ODI bat. He is a certified choker in chases...scores 40/50...gets the RRR up and then falls...aside from that one ton against England. Do an opponent by opponent breakdown and see for yourself...his overall good looking record doesn't look that good anymore. Heck, even in tests Kohli will probably end up with a better record if somehow India start playing Pakistan on dead tracks and also Zim/Bangla more regularly...has already got 3 tons outside Asia to Sanga's 5.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanga is not fit to tie Kohli's shoe laces as an ODI bat. He is a certified choker in chases...scores 40/50...gets the RRR up and then falls...aside from that one ton against England. Do an opponent by opponent breakdown and see for yourself...his overall good looking record doesn't look that good anymore. Heck, even in tests Kohli will probably end up with a better record if somehow India start playing Pakistan on dead tracks and also Zim/Bangla more regularly...has already got 3 tons outside Asia to Sanga's 5.
How about that AB de Villiers though?

Jassy

Banned
Yep all time aggregate lists are the be all and end all...always knew Jayawardene was a better test batsman than Bradman..oh wait.

Jassy

Banned
How about that AB de Villiers though?
Haha, I'm sorry I meant to reply on the Aus vs SA thread itself. The only issue I had with him was that he seemed to choke when the going got tough...and tbh in ODIs I still think that is the case. His runs against us in the current series have pretty much shut me up though...first test was a masterclass :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, I'm sorry I meant to reply on the Aus vs SA thread itself. The only issue I had with him was that he seemed to choke when the going got tough...and tbh in ODIs I still think that is the case. His runs against us in the current series have pretty much shut me up though...first test was a masterclass :)
Good man.

On Sanga (and I'm talking tests here not ODIs), do you actually not rate Sangakkara as a player or do you just find him overrated (i.e. you can still think someone is very good but overrated at the same time)?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Viv himself seems to rate him. And his 100s while chasing have been close to unbelievable so far. That 138* against SL in Aus(Hobart?), 2 back to back 60 ball 100s recently etc. Won't be surprised to see him retire as the second best ODI bat after Tendulkar.
That's if course assuming Tendulkar is the best which IMO he isn't.