• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, the real important question surrounding the second test is not how will the Saffers cope with MJ......but can Port Elizabeth deliver the same level of crowd talent that Centurian did?

Hooksey

Banned
Look, the real important question surrounding the second test is not how will the Saffers cope with MJ......but can Port Elizabeth deliver the same level of crowd talent that Centurian did?
Deja vu.

It is plain Johnson is again the single biggest difference between the teams. Ashes revisited.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
how good is johnson against the short ball? SA have one of the few attacks capable of taking players out. break his ****ing arm.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja vu.

It is plain Johnson is again the single difference between the teams. Ashes revisited.
Huh?? What has that got to do with the post of mine you quoted and replied to? And why do you keep trying to convince me how good MJ has been?? If you have read any of my posts in this thread and "The Beginning" thread you would know that I am as impressed as anyone else......possibly more so.

Hooksey

Banned
Huh?? What has that got to do with the post of mine you quoted and replied to? And why do you keep trying to convince me how good MJ has been?? If you have read any of my posts in this thread and "The Beginning" thread you would know that I am as impressed as anyone else......possibly more so.
"Look, the real important question surrounding the second test is not how will the Saffers cope with MJ"

The Poms were in exactly the same boat as the Sth Africans currently find themselves. But you were a bit slow on the uptake regarding Johnson's dominance in the last series. Couldn't accept he was the single biggest difference between the teams when he plainly was. The deja vu here is this series is shaping exactly the same as the Ashes series.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
how good is johnson against the short ball? SA have one of the few attacks capable of taking players out. break his ****ing arm.
Johnson loves the short stuff when he's batting.

Also has one of the more immaculate covers drives going around.

Redbacks

International Captain
Given his ability to handle the heat, SA could do with De Villiers to going up the order and taking on the brunt of MJ to protect the rest of the batting line up.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
"Look, the real important question surrounding the second test is not how will the Saffers cope with MJ"
Jeez, there goes your inability to spot irony again son........I was talking about the hotties, it was an attempted humorous post which was not meant to be taken literally.

The Poms were in exactly the same boat as the Sth Africans currently find themselves. But you were a bit slow on the uptake regarding Johnson's dominance in the last series. Couldn't accept he was the single biggest difference between the teams when he plainly was. The deja vu here is this series is shaping exactly the same as the Ashes series.
Errrr no, I wasn't slow on the uptake at all. I challenge you to find a single (serious) post of mine where I said anything other than how incredibly good MJ was during the Ashes. My issue was with your repeated churning out of "Single biggest difference between the teams" as I felt that did an incredible disservice to Brad Haddin who was also outstanding and a massive contributor to the Ashes win. The proof in that is that despite 37 wickets @ 14 it was a pretty close call for player of the series.

You really are trying to pick an argument that isn't there mate.

Hooksey

Banned
Jeez, there goes your inability to spot irony again son........I was talking about the hotties, it was an attempted humorous post which was not meant to be taken literally.

Errrr no, I wasn't slow on the uptake at all. I challenge you to find a single (serious) post of mine where I said anything other than how incredibly good MJ was during the Ashes. My issue was with your repeated churning out of "Single biggest difference between the teams" as I felt that did an incredible disservice to Brad Haddin who was also outstanding and a massive contributor to the Ashes win. The proof in that is that despite 37 wickets @ 14 it was a pretty close call for player of the series.

You really are trying to pick an argument that isn't there mate.
You are still in denial Johnson was the single biggest difference between the teams in the Ashes series :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator

Please, for the love of god, learn to spot when a poster isn't being serious.

subshakerz

International Coach
For all the talk about Johnson being the difference between the two sides, they at least made 200 in each outing. Not much, but at least they werent completely blown away. Had their bowling been up to par, the batsmen would have had a bit more confidence rather than staring at huge totals and it would have been a far more competitive contest. The real disappoint in this test was the fielding, and the bowling of Morkel and Philander.

As a SA supporter, I am not too worried. SA as usual are slow starters, as they were in the UAE and against India. However, against this confident Aussie lineup, the results were far more dramatic than usual. But I am at least confident that SA will perform better in the second test. Steyn is over his injury and stomach bug, Philander rarely has two poor tests in a row, Amla appears to be regaining his groove and De Villiers is in fine form.

SA need to get their bowling selection right and stop being so negative. You cant afford two bits and pieces players in McLaren and Peterson, especially as Johnson will skittle them like tailenders anyways. Peterson has to go, Duminy is enough of a spin option. Have a fourth attacking pace option, ideally Abbott or possibly Parnell. McLaren didn't bowl that poorly. So you can the Aussie lineup under constant pressure.

My big issues with this test is that Australia's batting have been made to look better than it is.