• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you recruit for the IPL in the January auction?

brockley

International Captain
At 37 Lee and Nannes have put their hand up for IPL but considering how both have declined and recent poor IPL records,doubt it,also with 3 year contracts nah.Rumours Watson has Rajistan captaincy.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread has 28 entries out of which I think 20 will be from Brockley. Good interest in IPL. Good.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Brockley, I've been meaning to tell you that I think your interpretation of the 3 year contract might be wrong, unless I've misunderstood:

One year term with a franchise having the option to extend for either one or two additional years. The option must be exercised on or before 15 December in each year
So there is nothing against signing say a Dirk Nannes for just this season if necessary.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Source: Espncricinfo
Link: Retention List

Chennai Super Kings
Players retained: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Dwayne Bravo
Auction purse remaining: Rs 210 million
Right-to-match cards available: 1 (not eligible for a capped India player)

Delhi Daredevils
Players retained: None
Auction purse remaining: Rs 600 million
Right-to-match cards available: 3

Kings XI Punjab
Players retained: David Miller, Manan Vohra
Auction purse remaining: Rs 435 million
Right-to-match cards available: 2

Kolkata Knight Riders
Players retained: Gautam Gambhir, Sunil Narine
Auction purse remaining: Rs 380 million

Mumbai Indians
Players retained: Rohit Sharma, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu
Auction purse remaining: Rs 210 million
Right-to-match cards available: 1

Rajasthan Royals
Players retained: Shane Watson, James Faulkner, Ajinkya Rahane, Sanju Samson, Stuart Binny
Auction purse remaining: Rs 225 million

Royal Challengers Bangalore
Players retained: Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers
Auction purse remaining: Rs 305 million

Sunrisers Hyderabad
Players retained: Shikhar Dhawan, Dale Steyn
Auction purse remaining: Rs 380 million

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to have some teams investing in Indian pace/seam bowlers, and picking them in pairs. Like Delhi Daredevils choosing Umesh and Aaron (DD squad members and occasionally playing fro India, or Kolkata opting for Aaron and Shami (East Zone), or Bangalore opting for Umesh, Pankaj Singh and Ishwar Pandey (Central Zone), or Punjab bringing together Sandeep, Sid Kaul and Rishi Dhawan (North Zone, leading wicket-takers).

Kedar Jadhav has to be in the frontline for at least one team. Mumbai Indians, from the home of the formidable Mumbai Ranji team that was defeated by his team Maharashtra, should snatch him. In other news, he's also leading the runs tally. Very good OD/T20 figures, and surely an upgrade over the scratchy Rayudu.

Kolkata KR never gave Anureet Singh enough chances, often promoting their overseas professionals and a few India stars. Now, though, he's on the verge of being the leading wicket-taker this Ranji, and should figure in one team regularly.

Delhi retain nobody. Some, like Sehwag, Irfan, James Hopes and maybe David Warner, had to go. Not surprisingly, ever since the Sehwag-Gambhir partnership was broken to accommodate Warner, things have gone downhill for them, but Gambhir's stuck in Kolkata and Sehwag, well, is not getting runs. What would IPL Delhi 2014 look like? They may want to get back Morne, Warner and Mahela, but won't chase Pietersen, but I do hope they also look at Ranji performers.

I'd also prefer to see plenty of players who have played together get picked together, so that better teams can be formed. I'd like players from one state, one zone, A teams or overseas league teams put together, and not merely salad mix teams like KKR and Pune, which, unsurprisingly, have struggled, bar KKR's lone IPL win.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember when Richard Levi hit the fastest 100 or something in a T20 just before the IPL auctions in NZ, then he got bought for big bucks only to fizzle out soon after. Same thing will probably happen to this Corey dude, I saw that innings but as awesome an achievement it is there was nothing fancy about his batting, not to mention the ridiculously small ground. Didn't McCullum once hit 80 odd against Bangers a few years back on that same ground?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I remember when Richard Levi hit the fastest 100 or something in a T20 just before the IPL auctions in NZ, then he got bought for big bucks only to fizzle out soon after. Same thing will probably happen to this Corey dude, I saw that innings but as awesome an achievement it is there was nothing fancy about his batting, not to mention the ridiculously small ground.
it's not a particularly small ground. Not the MCG, no, but bigger than plenty of other grounds around the world. Most of the sixes were 90M+ anyway.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I remember when Richard Levi hit the fastest 100 or something in a T20 just before the IPL auctions in NZ, then he got bought for big bucks only to fizzle out soon after. Same thing will probably happen to this Corey dude, I saw that innings but as awesome an achievement it is there was nothing fancy about his batting, not to mention the ridiculously small ground. Didn't McCullum once hit 80 odd against Bangers a few years back on that same ground?
Richard Levi's innings had like 4-5 top edges which would have been caught on any other ground. Most of Anderson's mi****s still went a long long way.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The funny thing about Anderson is that T20's is the format he has performed the worst in. I know his big innings was in a match that was similar to a T20 match..