• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When will Philander average > 20?

When will Philander average >20?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha agree, but Philander is hardly the epitome of modern. This was more screaming him not liking Philander having such a good record and not looking menacing.

Cop it on the nut Holding.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think, i recall him calling a batsmen poos(coloured slang for p*ssy, i think) when he got them out and on one occasion, he blew a kiss to a batsmen after getting him out. But then again, most fast bowlers say and do **** like that

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
lol yeah I'm going to go ahead and spend my day going through video archives to get the the exact quotes :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ok enough. What did Holding actually say about Philander?
He said that he wasn't quick enough to open the bowling in Test cricket. Repeatedly. He wasn't bowling particularly well at the time but ever having watched him bowl before in his life or ****, even in lieu of that, just glancing at his record would've shown that up to be a pretty ridiculous statement. Naturally he made him taste it later in the series.