• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No grill

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
i just open up the grille to the max
Indeed - and even if you leave a gap that the ball can fit through who cares. Most of the time, as others have posted, it is going to a top edge into your mouth that will get you.

I have been nailed in the face by the way - no top edge - just straight into the mouth. It was a very fast pitch and it just climbed on me and I just missed my pull shot and ate it. Luckily no teeth came out. I was afraid of the ball without a helmet on for about a year after that and was skittish.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Along with Sherwin Campbell, Allan Border, Stuart Law, and even Brian Lara and Darryl Cullinan early on. Reckon I'm missing others as well.
Aravinda de Silva. Never wore a face grill and no fast bowler in the world, starting from Imran, Wasim, and Ambrose to Brett Lee were not quick enough to hit him.

Last edited:

DB007

Cricket Spectator
Sorry to re activate an old post, but does anyone know where i can get a set of short ear guards made by Albion or Gray Nicolls, new or used? Many thanks Don.

FXbkRBujl7O-ynUIDxtKWk-yZjlTjIBpuTMiNg2VD5M7D9T89q2PqBa5pmpIjfK-qLwBIsEOmGpZ19suVDVtVPmD.jpgpe8jZP-738t5RrAErnA00fuIVsIt-qEYkTBjOq8QiaIHlEwLcZLbSScU0YQSGtsiKZsLr4h8tLZtrwF2LrzP9Ql1.jpgWH_vufR_qYt-BQzTVtCxdbTB8BdP2BL00MaohUvz2YYiGQCoLqEB_O62zYMCkou4txVcG7IjnHeUSAfiqtLP1p-9.jpg

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I liked how Shoaib Mohammed pulled his grill way down so it covered his chin only.

As a kiwi we saw sooooo much of Shoaib batting. I don't recommend this to anyone. His grill was his only redeeming feature.

Marius

International Debutant
Dave Richardson and Ian Healy also never used to wear a grill.

Has Robin Smith been mentioned?