• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Don Bradman vs Sir Gary Sobers

Flem274*

123/5
i'd like to see the smart arses of the forum like days of grace, pews gimh nufan or flem or whoever try to work out what the worth of a wicket is compared to a run
I don't get my own tier anymore?

Gonna have to knock off these pretenders to my throne.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats just based on raw stats (which can't really be compared across eras)
The only batsmen that we can unequivalently state that Bradman was twice as good as are the other batsmen on his own team.

Even Headley didn't face all of the English bowlers that he did, but didn't get to face South Africa or India in his prime and he had to face Grimmett and Ironmonger away in Australia instead. So even in the same era it's difficult to compare far less players from later eras.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
kyear

I would say that Richards is a lot closer to Bradman as a bat than Chris Martin. And I think Coronis was just winding you up.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
kyear

I would say that Richards is a lot closer to Bradman as a bat than Chris Martin. And I think Coronis was just winding you up.
I don't think so. There are a lot of members who do believe that Bradman was twice as good as everyone else and if my memory serves correct Coronis doesn't rate Viv that highly.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome that Jono has finally seen the light with Rohit after all the years of me pumping him up :)

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Bradman is the greatest batsman ever,Sobers the greatest cricketer. Arguably top three batsman, best All Rounder and fifth bowler ever and possibly the greatest fielder to play the game, brilliant slip as well.
Firstly, the thread is more a comparison between Bradman and Sobers.

Saying that one is the greatest batsmen and the other is the greatest cricketer is a bit too much tbh.
Greatest of their time? Yes, would agree on that, but no the greatest.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Firstly, the thread is more a comparison between Bradman and Sobers.

Saying that one is the greatest batsmen and the other is the greatest cricketer is a bit too much tbh.
Greatest of their time? Yes, would agree on that, but no the greatest.
If you don't want to compare across eras, fine... I have no issues with that.
But then why you even start this thread, comparing two players from different periods then? :huh: