• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i assume so

Over 24.5: Abbott to Moller, no run, OUT, yorker, angling in striking him on the foot and Abbott gets his revenge! That looked to be hitting middle & leg as long as no bat was involved

adub

International Captain
Stat of the Day,

Phil Hughes now has 22 First Class hundreds before his 25th birthday.

The only Australians to have scored more are GS Chappell, ME Waugh, RT Ponting and DG Bradman

*that I've found after checking all Australians with 50 or more FC tons.

adub

International Captain
Over 145.1: Duffield to Head, no run, OUT, short, aims a cut and gets an under edge, disappointment as he has to go for 98 - SA 3/473

And young Trav will need to stop choking if he wants to challenge the Prince's record

Spikey

the other day i tired to work out ricky ponting's stats when he was 24years and 230 odd days old (the age hughes was at the completion of his most recent test) and they had pretty much the same stats

adub

International Captain
the other day i tired to work out ricky ponting's stats when he was 24years and 230 odd days old (the age hughes was at the completion of his most recent test) and they had pretty much the same stats
Ponting up to his 25th birthday:
106 matches
7848 runs @ 51.3
26 hundreds
34 50s

Phil Hughes (two weeks shy of his 25th)
103 matches
8084 runs @ 45.4
22 hundreds
43 50s

(could potentially have up to another 4 digs before his 25th birthday to pile up some more runs)

adub

International Captain
106 matches
7848 runs @ 51.3
26 hundreds
34 50s

103 matches
8084 runs @ 45.4
22 hundreds
43 50s

(could potentially have up to another 4 digs before his 25th birthday to pile up some more runs)

Last edited:

Spikey

106 matches
7848 runs @ 51.3
26 hundreds
34 50s

103 matches
8084 runs @ 45.4
22 hundreds
43 50s

Ponting had a strong finish to his 24th year in the test arena. Doubled or tripled his hundreds count iirc. Obviously if Hughes hadn't been dropped he would be on track to do the same

adub

International Captain
SA lead by 86 and have given themselves an outside chance of get up a 150 plus lead and going for full points tomorrow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had a great pie at the spike bar at the Aus golf club for lunch today with a glass of Sav Blanc. It was such a definitively good pie I've named it the Michael Beer.
Cant believe that they let you in

Badge of honour for my club that we repeatedly rejected Bob Hawke's membership application

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having seen Bailey's first dig against Qld and his knock today, I seriously question as to whether he is one of the top 6 middle order batsmen in Oz